The Fridays Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianmac62

Guru
The phrase, "One more Homeric push ..." is about the only believable part of the article. Makeover my arse! It remains a simply dreadful place. The journo must have been bribed.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
First going for muddiness over tarmac, and now buying a right-wing rag for its sport. Consider yourself banished from the list of Decent People, Mr Collins.

A "homeric" push, might, of course, refer to the time, effort and thought required to sack Troy or return to Ithaca, rather than some triviality like visiting Hades.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
First going for muddiness over tarmac, and now buying a right-wing rag for its sport. Consider yourself banished from the list of Decent People, Mr Collins.
2019479 said:
Should never have been on that list in the first place!

I think one can read the 'other sort' of paper fairly readily without reaching for the mind bleach by applying Gove's Law i.e. What ever Michael Gove says about edukashun or anyfink the opposite is most probably true.

Torygraphs cycling coverage is second to none. Rugby coverage is great. Cricket coverage a treat and I don't even like cricket much. Like all papers it still has far too many pages focusing on wendyball and donkeys but hey ho, the masses must have their fun.[/quote]

ianmac62

Guru
I saw you all make your Homeric push north into Wick. I think your extra push to JOG was Ulysses in his Tennysonian creation.

And the problem with the Telegraph's sports coverage is that, for all its pages of football, its coverage of the lower leagues is very poor. Mind you, BBC R5L has gone the same way.

StuartG

slower but further
I saw you all make your Homeric push north into Wick. I think your extra push to JOG was Ulysses in his Tennysonian creation.
Bl**dy Hell Ian - I suppose you were the guy who read all the paras at the bottom of Rupert the Bear instead of fawning on the piccies of Tiger Lily and stumbling over the one simpleton sentence ...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
And the problem with the Telegraph's sports football coverage is that, for all its pages of football, its coverage of the lower leagues is very poor. Mind you, BBC R5L has gone the same way.
Is what I think you were trying to say. The amount of football coverage in any paper does at least provide material with which to line the cat litter tray.

(of course secretly I devour all the match reports on 'the toon', their arch enemies the sad mackem bar stewards, and may sometimes skim read those about Brighton, Palace and Crawley, just for conversation on a Monday you understand. Merely trying to be sociable with the lower orders. Nothing more. Honestly.)

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Is what I think you were trying to say. The amount of football coverage in any paper does at least provide material with which to line the cat litter tray.

(of course secretly I devour all the match reports on 'the toon', their arch enemies the sad mackem bar stewards, and may sometimes skim read those about Brighton, Palace and Crawley, just for conversation on a Monday you understand. Merely trying to be sociable with the lower orders. Nothing more. Honestly.)
+1 (not the footnote.)

Top Bottom