The Fridays Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rvw

Guru
We could hold our own private reunion party on Thursday night.
I'll take that as a promise, shall I?

rvw

Guru
1939207 said:
We do have a personal message function here.

I'll have to remember that, as srw is allergic to phones... but my original post was about the possibility of a social event with the folks I got to know over the trip (even Adrian...) - or has that idea fallen flat?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it's just that we're so spread out. South Wales, Northampton, Brighton, West Midlands, the Lake District, Bucks and Hertfordshire....

It's occurred to me that the ideal time for a Fridays party would be in the 'off season' when we're all missing each other (even Adrian....). Late February's always seen as a good time for a knees-up. Oh! Now I come to think of it, there's a certain extremely (some might say excessively) well-liked person who has a party around that time!

martint235

Dog on a bike
it's just that we're so spread out. South Wales, Northampton, Brighton, West Midlands, the Lake District, Bucks and Hertfordshire....

It's occurred to me that the ideal time for a Fridays party would be in the 'off season' when we're all missing each other (even Adrian....). Late February's always seen as a good time for a knees-up. Oh! Now I come to think of it, there's a certain extremely (some might say excessively) well-liked person who has a party around that time!
Really???? Every year or is it like a Preston Guild year?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
but my original post was about the possibility of a social event with the folks I got to know over the trip (even Adrian...) - or has that idea fallen flat?

I was just about to say, don't even think of having a ginormous party without me...

m_4dab45c1c3b84afd87b724836c92c329.png

fimm

Veteran
Mmmm macaroni cheese pies, yum.

rvw

Guru
Now being boringly practical: would a function room in central London help out - easier access to trains home?I can probably get use of a biggish room at the work sports club in Gower Street, but I'd have to check details of what the food/drink arrangements are.

And perhaps those of us within reach of London can offer spare rooms to folks from further afield - we could probably put up 2 here.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'll leave that to Her Nibs - I will relay the offer, though!

People generally end up round our place, which is good. From what I can remember.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
and on tarmac that is on the crap side of crap. The 'old A3' has knobbly tarmac laid over concrete, so there's a hidden dip every few metres or so. I was watching Wiggins' arms and the flesh was just flying around.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Remember how we came off Carter Bar? Like rockets and wow it was great. Really fast. Well I've just seen Wiggo ride through London faster than that. and not downhill either....
Even if I could lay down 450 watts my right leg is wider than Wiggo. It's such a drag.

Top Bottom