The Fridays Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
please don't call Spot until I've had a word with them - I'm bound to be asked by people, so I might as well find out for myself. I'm also going to call my brother and ask him how much he pays for sending bikes FedEx.

As for the travel home - it would be sensible to wait a week or two. I've had two more people sign up today. There may be more in the pipeline. If we start getting in to the thirties the sums change - and we can start looking seriously at the coach.

Will do. Good spot there Titus, but I'd prefer not to get a dismantled bike back if possible, a lot of faffing to get it back in working condition if you're not mechanically-minded. Pedals, bars, rack, saddle, front wheel and mudguards...sheesh. Shouldn't need to take all that off.

Cayopro

a bit pricier than the operation upthreadagain - please hold off booking stuff. I'd have thought that the seven person jobbies from Avis at Inverness Airport might be a better bet - but taking hire vehicles from Inverness still leaves us with the problem of getting bikes to Inverness. That's where the second van option might come good, and, with more people, the coach might come in to its own

What's the mileage from Wick to Inverness ?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
http://www.highlandbicycletransfers.co.uk/jog.html and others are testament to the wonders of Scotrail. Last time I looked the best bargain was http://www.johnogroatscycletransport.co.uk/ mentioned upthread.

I will, I promise you, in good time, produce a handy spreadsheet with the options connected one to another. But, again, it's a question of numbers. In the mean time - kick back and relish the prospect of the holiday!

Wick to Inverness something like 123 miles

Cayopro

http://www.highlandbicycletransfers.co.uk/jog.html and others are testament to the wonders of Scotrail. Last time I looked the best bargain was http://www.johnogroatscycletransport.co.uk/ mentioned upthread.

I will, I promise you, in good time, produce a handy spreadsheet with the options connected one to another. But, again, it's a question of numbers. In the mean time - kick back and relish the prospect of the holiday!

Wick to Inverness something like 123 miles

Thank you ;-)

Moodyman

Legendary Member
please don't call Spot until I've had a word with them - I'm bound to be asked by people, so I might as well find out for myself. I'm also going to call my brother and ask him how much he pays for sending bikes FedEx.

Simon,

I've not paid The Spot for anything nor agreed a definite price - they told me it's a service they normally provide and charge £50 for box and Parcelforce shipment. So if you manage to get a group thing organised for the bike transport, I'm in.

I've paid for the flight from Wick to Manchester and that must remain as I need to be at work on Monday. Other options won't get me home at a reasonable hour to make Monday a reasonable work day.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Well I don't use it (MAL). Mainly because, as Claude never tires of telling people, my arse is like two billiard balls in a sock. But I returned home yesterday with a big welt on my derriere - the result of starting the day by riding forty or so miles in to the rain on dirty roads, and then riding another seventy miles, and then hanging around for hours in wet shorts...

It's time to give in to the mintyarselard, DZ. They now make it specially for you.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
East Bridgford Hill (Bingham) has a large suite, which can have three singles or a double and a single in two rooms for £190.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Has anyone had anything back from Glenbank House yet? Alex put me on his list, said he'd be in touch Friday, nothing yet...

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Right - here's how I see it..

going to John O'Groats
Adrian C
Chris W
Claudine C
Dave J
Eddie C