The Fridays Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PippaG

Veteran
Please Mr dz, for the correctness of record keeping, please to note that myself and the Sultan of Brunei AKA adamski (all will become clear when you clap eyes upon his new! shiny! bike!) are not going as far as York, but only the first night/day ride to Bingham. TYVM.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
For you, Stu, the train and bus beckon.

Fair enough... unless there are enough people to make getting a taxi to Inverness reasonably priced, I'll probably go for the Wick-Edinburgh-Southampton option anyway, Wick airport's only a mile and a half from the town centre.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
aaahhh!!! Alarm clock going off in daughter's bedroom. Let's see what emerges. Do I get points for cleaning up the cat sick from just outside her door?

Fair enough... unless there are enough people to make getting a taxi to Inverness reasonably priced, I'll probably go for the Wick-Edinburgh-Southampton option anyway, Wick airport's only a mile and a half from the town centre.
You'll be getting on your own wick then, Stu! :rolleyes:
£4k bare = £5k with the wheel upgrade passim :smile:
...as long as the sick is not from the 'cool cat' within. When he comes to and says "Hey daddy-o, got any spare clean pants", well...

Sketchley

Über Member
well, there's no sign of movement. I've just discovered the empties downstairs, so they might have a bit to sleep off.

Susie came up with the most fantastic line. 'I don't think he's her boyfriend, I think he's her drug dealer'. Clearly trying to finish me off.:eek:

Has he appeared yet, the suspense is killing me.

Slow day at work today can you tell? I really should be writing some code.

iLB

Hello there
Teenager? tsk i wish! To clarify the coach would be booked for Sunday June 24th? I foresee problems for my health if we got there a day late.

He sounds like a fine young man.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Yes. Leaving early. I mention this because there is no sign of movement from the kid's room. I appreciate you young people need your sleep, but we will want to get on our way.

And, given your rather generous timetable I doubt you'll be late. In fact, at your age, I'd have been early. But, then again
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-Ycc-yKqY

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I need some help. Can anybody direct me to a website or programme that will calculate how many feet of climbing there will be on a stretch of road?

Sketchley

Über Member
try mapmyride.com it has elevation feature not sure about feet of climbing (I'll have a look) plus you can save the route so we can add to Garmins later......

Edit: Yes it does do climb data.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Mapmyride does it. So does bikehike. So do any number of websites. But they all give different answers. If you express the climbing across the course of a day in Ditchlings, and use a consistent source to work out what one Ditchling is, you'll get a comprehensible answer.

[edit] one quick calculation on bikehike later - Corbridge to Jedburgh along the A68 is 5.4 Ditchlings. Which doesn't really seem so bad, since it's over 20 times the distance of Ditchling.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Mapmyride does it. So does bikehike. So do any number of websites. But they all give different answers. If you express the climbing across the course of a day in Ditchlings, and use a consistent source to work out what one Ditchling is, you'll get a comprehensible answer.

[edit] one quick calculation on bikehike later - Corbridge to Jedburgh along the A68 is 5.4 Ditchlings. Which doesn't really seem so bad, since it's over 20 times the distance of Ditchling.
And the rest!

Thanks. I've calculated three different routes from a junction south of Newport Pagnaell and Bingham. The answer isn't the one I expected, but it's conclusive. The shortest route has the least climbing. And the best breakfast opportunity

Top Bottom