The Fridays Xmas Tourette - 29th December. London's Finest.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
[QUOTE 2844716, member: 259"]I'm very jealous and it looks like it was a really nice day. London's a smashing place for a ride and it's got more interesting stuff than you could shake a stick at.

Anyway, kudos to Dell and I'd really like to come along next year (if it's happening).[/quote]

It was a grand day out. Well worth a four hundred mile round trip to participate in it.

[QUOTE 2844716, member: 259"]I'm very jealous and it looks like it was a really nice day. London's a smashing place for a ride and it's got more interesting stuff than you could shake a stick at.

Anyway, kudos to Dell and I'd really like to come along next year (if it's happening).[/quote]
Correct and correct!
Yesterday's motorised traffic was very good to us generally. One argumentative taxi driver and the man in the French car avidly texting away at South Ken, whilst Sgt Rock of the Met was looking on, cracking jokes about it. I was urging Titus to 'nab the felon' just for the photo opportunity. Alas, our policemen are just too nice and we left the monsieur in alphabet nirvana as the traffic lights changed.:thumbsup:

Our plan for this year, with my son having passed into adulthood, was to do all the FNRs. But circumstances took a very different turn, and we managed precisely none. Nonetheless, we received a very warm welcome from the regular crowd at All Bar One, and it was uplifting to feel part of something very special again.

Not sure about FNRs for the year to come, but I expect that the bairn will be attending the next Christmas do on a bike seat.

CycleChat's modern-day Giorgio Vasari (centre, with black headwear) providing information for the assembled. All around us were buildings designed by this man, yet he chose to illustrate a lesser edifice. We were robbed!
2lc5nxv.jpg

It was this building...
1zvwjd0.jpg

And, the sign of the cross (For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him. Colossians 1:15 )
an unusual combination in a revered place, hi viz and cross purposes.
ja9dn6.jpg

And. There were a lot of these present on The Architect's Ride ('drafting' compulsory)
9ibatw.jpg

Ah...seems like only yesterday.

Honourable mention at this point for our literary hobo, User, who kept his 100% record intact yesterday. Having arranged to meet at All Bar One with sharp knives and chili sauce, to greet Meanwood's finest trans-county pie porter - User didn't show up!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Honourable mention at this point for our literary hobo, User, who kept his 100% record intact yesterday. Having arranged to meet at All Bar One with sharp knives and chili sauce, to greet Meanwood's finest trans-county pie porter - User didn't show up!

I'd have let him have my corner of the pie too. His loss was our (weight) gain.

2844876 said:
I'm not sure the pie would have seen it the same way.
In Vernon's tender hands, the food becomes an irresistible drug...he's a piehochondriac
Although I was asked if I was User, I had to disappoint.
Ha ha ha! - you're far too dependable, Clarion - did someone overhear you talking about The Pogues, or some obscure scrap of English lit. perhaps - then jump to a conclusion? ^_^

Top Bottom