The Gene Genie's back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Really looking forward to it, Gene Hunt in the Met in the eighties he is not going to have calmed down any. Looks like the clown from Bowies Ashes to Ashes video is going to replace the Test Card Girl used in 'LOM'.

OP
OP
R

Renard

*bump*

Its on tonight!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
BJB said:
*bump*

Its on tonight!
I really really want to see it, so much so that I put it in my electronic diary and had the diary email me a reminder this morning! xx(
Mrs Fnaar said, this morning, "fancy a chat tonight?"...AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!!!

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
I prefered Um Bongo.

Way down deep in the middle of the Congo,
A hippo took an apricot, a guava and a mango.
He stuck it with the others, and he danced a dainty tango.
The rhino said, "I know, we'll call it Um Bongo"
Um Bongo, Um Bongo, They drink it in the Congo.
The python picked the passion fruit, the marmoset the mandarin.
The parrot painted packets, that the whole caboodle landed in.
So when it comes to sun and fun and goodness in the jungle,
They all prefer the sunny funny one they call Um Bongo!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBohQxBh2k

OP
OP
R

Renard

Its a bit different, obviously. I did enjoy the humour in an in-jokey sort of way. Now I'm looking forward to see how it develops.

mondobongo

Über Member
Only caught the first half before I had to go to work and thought that Alex was very annoying, although I thought the Clown a fantastic idea. Just watched the rest on 'on demand' Alex came across as less annoying dont know why little concerned that it could become the Gene Hunt parody show the machine gun scene on the boat was very naff.
Its early days and we have to see what the coming weeks bring in plot and character development. The first episode has not gone down well at the Railway Arms.
Great soundtrack although being an anorak Are Friends Electric was a hit in 1979 not the eighties.

Arch

Married to Night Train
The speedboat scene was great. There are a lot of A-Team-type references. All the shooting and no-one getting hit. Brilliant. I was half expecting a car to go up a ramp and flip over.

I loved the speedboat too. I guess it's bound to become a little bit more selfconscious as a series, I think it settled down even within the first episode, I have high hopes for it.

Bound to be different, because we all know the score a bit now, and it couldn't have just repeated the scenario with a new person. So I'll be interested to see it develop.

papercorn2000

"Just seein' you dressed like that gives me the 'orn!"

"Well, are you going to kiss me or punch me?"

Quality dialogue!

Arch

Married to Night Train
papercorn2000 said:
"Just seein' you dressed like that gives me the 'orn!"

"Well, are you going to kiss me or punch me?"

Quality dialogue!

I think 'Fire up the Quattro!' is going to be a classic!

Top Bottom