1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Gene Genie's back

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Renard, 1 Feb 2008.

1. Renard

Renard Guest

It would appear that Gene Hunt makes his return next Thursday night. Do you think it will be any good?

2. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Who?

3. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

Hope it doesn't clash with Trial and Retribution on ITV.

4. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

never heard of any of it.

5. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Is he Mike's brother?

6. Chris James

Chris James Über Member

I will be watching the first episode, although I think they were running out of ideas a bit on the second series of Life on Mars. It looks to star Zoe from Spooks (forgotten actresses name). I suspect it might be a bit average but hopefully it will confound my expectations.

7. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I await with anticipation. And a tinge of sadness - Tom and I used to watch Life on Mars, mainly so that we could get over excited about the various 70's cars. It was one show we'd always try to be in to see. Not sure it'll be the same without him. But I think the line "Fire up the Quattro!" seen in the trailers is going to become a classic. And there'll be a whole new set of cars to go "oh, we had one of them!" Prize for spotting the first Mini Metro?

8. Arch

Keily something? I read about it in the Indy last week, apparently, they had her in mind before they'd written the series....

9. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Oh is that his name. Didn't know. Might be good, I'll watch the first and perhaps second

10. Arch

Ah, but do you also remember the four citrus fruit fizzy drink of the time - Quatro? I was quite addicted to it for one summer I seem to remember.

11. Arch

12. Arch

I'm sure that's a more up to date logo than I remember. I recall the can having a quartered design, four blocks of colour, but I don't remember the lettering - I'm sure it was more blocky and 80's than that...

13. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I'll be watching it. I just hope they don't milk any fun out of it like they did with Auf wiedersehen Pet.

14. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

It was great while they were filming the '70s one in Manchester - walking past the BBC carpark every day was a real treat. Managed to snap a couple of the cars too;

pics.

15. Arch

Oh, wow, yes, that's it. Only it was in cans when I was drinking it.

I almost want a can now. But really, I'd rather have a cup of tea...