The Gene Genie's back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renard

It would appear that Gene Hunt makes his return next Thursday night. Do you think it will be any good?

Who?

Chris James

Über Member
BJB said:
Life on Mars? Ring a bell??

I think its called 'Ashes to Ashes'. A spin-off from the original on BBC1 at 9pm next Thursday.

I'm looking forward to it. The character of Gene Hunt is an 'interesting' fellow.

I will be watching the first episode, although I think they were running out of ideas a bit on the second series of Life on Mars. It looks to star Zoe from Spooks (forgotten actresses name). I suspect it might be a bit average but hopefully it will confound my expectations.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I await with anticipation. And a tinge of sadness - Tom and I used to watch Life on Mars, mainly so that we could get over excited about the various 70's cars. It was one show we'd always try to be in to see. Not sure it'll be the same without him. But I think the line "Fire up the Quattro!" seen in the trailers is going to become a classic. And there'll be a whole new set of cars to go "oh, we had one of them!" Prize for spotting the first Mini Metro?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Chris James said:
I will be watching the first episode, although I think they were running out of ideas a bit on the second series of Life on Mars. It looks to star Zoe from Spooks (forgotten actresses name). I suspect it might be a bit average but hopefully it will confound my expectations.

Keily something? I read about it in the Indy last week, apparently, they had her in mind before they'd written the series....

Oh is that his name. Didn't know. Might be good, I'll watch the first and perhaps second

Arch

Married to Night Train
BJB said:
This series is based in a time which I remember properly so it will have that added interest with the cars. Funnily just the other day we were talking at work about how influential a car the Quattro had been.

Ah, but do you also remember the four citrus fruit fizzy drink of the time - Quatro? I was quite addicted to it for one summer I seem to remember.

Arch

Married to Night Train
BJB said:

A bit like Suzy Quattro then? Sorry wrong decade! :smile:

I'm sure that's a more up to date logo than I remember. I recall the can having a quartered design, four blocks of colour, but I don't remember the lettering - I'm sure it was more blocky and 80's than that...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
BJB said:
This series is based in a time which I remember properly so it will have that added interest with the cars. Funnily just the other day we were talking at work about how influential a car the Quattro had been.

It was great while they were filming the '70s one in Manchester - walking past the BBC carpark every day was a real treat. Managed to snap a couple of the cars too;

pics.

Arch

Married to Night Train
BJB said:
Like this?
best.jpg

Oh, wow, yes, that's it. Only it was in cans when I was drinking it.

I almost want a can now. But really, I'd rather have a cup of tea...

Arch said:
Oh, wow, yes, that's it. Only it was in cans when I was drinking it.

I almost want a can now. But really, I'd rather have a cup of tea...
I think Boy George said the same, but he wasn't talking about Quatro...:smile:

Oh god, I even remember the ads for the stuff. It was green, opaque and had sinister bits floating in it.

Top Bottom