The gods are against me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Toe Clip

Not my month for cycles. First, two weeks ago, the disk rotar shattered after 200 yards, last weekend the bottom bracket failed, yesterday the rear brake cable failed. All on a cycle not yet 12 months old. Oh well, these things are sent to try us. Just get on with it and hope for better times.

Oh well, these things are sent to try us. Just get on with it and hope for better times.
good for you. I've given up on rage, a long time ago

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
If you look at it in an even more zen like way In a way it's fortuitous that the BB and the disc rotor have gone now, at least the warranty will look after them at no cost to you. (The cable, I'd imagine, is a consumable on most warranties?)

I've had a Ultegra brifter go bang on a 3 month old bike, and that's been my only component failure in as long as I can remember. I'm sort of glad it went when it did, it was replaced straight away.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Stuff happens, that's life, but I'd like to know more about the brake disc (rotar?) shattering as this is a failure I cannot picture.

What bike is this and what has the supplier said about the failure?

I have run basic own-brand rotors for mega miles (15k+) and not seen any failures despite them becoming really quite thin and grooved.

Top Bottom