The good and the bad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
No extra litter where I am and today had a short road trip on the trike which at 1000 had very little traffic but later probably more heading over to Calgary beach as it is a lovely sunny day with little wind. Much like it was when we came to work here nearly 50 years ago. Met the supersonic mail van heading for Dervaig and some delivery vans on an even tighter schedule than usual due to the restricted ferry service.

gbb

Legendary Member
Good.
I feel more relaxed, I likened it to more like living village life 40 years ago. Not spending much at all. Roads are quiet, even the A1M . Less litter, definitely.
Bad.
Urban life where the kids are locked in the gardens in the vicinity, when they get excited, it gets noisy, the only way to escape is go indoors.
Working with stupid dumb people who just dont seem to get the need for social distancing . Work period, I'd just as rather stay at home but the truth is, this is going to drag on for months I think.
The grandkids...I miss them. Eldest son, wife and granddaughters were out for a walk, knocked as they passed, we had a chat at distance...and all I wanted to do was gather them up and cuddle them (although the 14 yo might have objected lol)
Not having grandkids to stay, not having them for Sunday dinner.
Worrying about my 90 yo mums position in all this.

With a bit of luck, when all this lockdown and social-distancing is over, we might have seen the end of all these over-the-top ways of greeting each other. I cringe when female friends of mine expect the cheek-kissing and hug thing, and male friends expect the over-familiar man-hug. (or vice-versa :ohmy: ).

A firm, brief handshake, no grasping of the elbow/arm with the free hand, is the most that is required. I don't mind if that vanishes as well, but there's no way I'm doing an elbow bump or, even worse, a namaste.

After all, we left the EU to get away from these strange foreign customs.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Surely the poo bag problem has ever been thus? Most owners do the right thing - and this results in a MUCH cleaner environment than we had when I was a kid! But the odd sinner creates these things that we notice really easily.

Under lockdown it's possible that dogs are on new/modified routes/times?
It might be that people have more time to notice these things.

gbb

Legendary Member
Someone in my locality has been dropping empty small brown beer bottles along the roadside verges for months. I haven't seen a single new bottle since the lock down.:smile:
It will be one person in all probability. I used to see an ever growing lot of beer cans in bushes on my dog walk. Then one day I was cycling up toward this point, saw a guy swigging from a can, then he launched it into the bushes laughing like it was funny, perhaps false because I'd seen him. He smiled and uttered something as I drew alongside and I called him a fookin idiot.
He was probably an alcoholic, opened a can as he left his house and invariably had finished it at the same area, then got rid of the empty in the bushes.
Perhaps it stung him, it stopped for the most part.

Top Bottom