The good and the bad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Roads are quieter during the day, but this seems to be a free ticket for some young motorcyclists to rag around on 2 strokes in the evening. I heard to MCs whizz by last night, closely followed by a police car with sirens on.

With the poo bags, I haven't noticed it any worse than usual, but some people think that if there's no bin around then there's "nowhere else to leave it". Well how about leaving it in your pocket until you return home or pass a bin.

Surely the poo bag problem has ever been thus? Most owners do the right thing - and this results in a MUCH cleaner environment than we had when I was a kid! But the odd sinner creates these things that we notice really easily.

Under lockdown it's possible that dogs are on new/modified routes/times?

JPBoothy

Veteran
Plenty of gloves looks to have replaced the drive by McDonald's littler.
Great for public health.
I'd suggest the dog mess is down to the amount of dogs that suddenly have discovered a walk.
I think we can be certain that the 'oh so hygienic public' were not using the gloves for picking-up and bagging the poo.. I thought there was a flock of birds/bats in a tree until I got closer and discovered they were actually little black bags of poo hanging from the branches! There was a poster in a local wood/park that I saw once that said something along the lines of 'stick and flick', which needs little explaining but has the downside of being trodden on I suppose.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Poo bags, I've not noticed any change, the same amount are being left by the lazy bellsters.
McDonald's litter is noticeably down, so that's a good thing.

The lockdown appears to have ended early in my area though, 2 weeks ago the streets were pretty dead, I went to get food shopping yesterday and it was like a normal Sunday... masses of cars out, whole families in some of them (where can they be going?), groups of motorcycles thrunging about on what were obviously leisure rides. It's a shame.

Chris S

Legendary Member
The street sweepers seem to be off in Birmingham, there is lots of broken glass on the roads. I had a puncture for the first time in ages.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Not noticed any change on the littler front here in rural Poshshire.
Maybe because me and MrsD are doing more local walks we are just noticing more but on Wednesday we, seriously, lost count** of them. Just dumped on the paths.
Are they expecting the dog sh*t fairy to come and take them away.
**Classic, we didn't actually count them :wacko:

OP
OP
D

Duc gas

Über Member
Just give the rozzers a call and tell them he's got a gun and he's firing it close to your house. ;)
I have thought about that but think they’ve got enough to do at the moment and it sort of lowers me to his level. Much prefer it if he had it inserted somewhere to be honest 😂

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
So out for my daily permitted exercise walk yesterday , Mrs gas noted the lack of McDonald's litter that was normally around, great news, until we noticed the amount of discarded rubber gloves and dog bags now taking its place! Anyone else noticed any difference?
A lot of discarded mask are in the bushes.

Top Bottom