The Good Deed for the Day thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I ate all of the raspberry pavlova in the fridge so that Mrs Pants wouldn't worry that it may
make her bum look big in her dress :angel:
That's got to be the ultimate self sacrifice.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I mugged a beggar and stole his money to save him from the demon drink. All he has was 2 quid.
TBH he didn't show a lot of gratitude
I've made a rod for my own back! While walking round Accy town centre this aft' i was accosted by 2 wino women giving me flannel about how smart i looked in my stripey blazer and white tennis shoes,blah blah, when they suddenly asked for a tenner! Yes,not a couple of quid but a whole ten pounds!:ohmy: I said it didn't carry cash so they left it at that. However when i went to the cashpoint to get a mini statement they reappeared,again asking for money. I told them that i'm not into the habit of giving money away,but then they said "But you gave (wino's name which i can't remember) a fiver the other day". I fiver i thought? 🤔 Anyway,i still refused and then they called me by my first name and said they know where i live!:ohmy:

Last edited:

dodgy

I've taken to having conversations with drivers who have their windows down at traffic lights, not exactly a good deed for the day, but it makes me feel good and maybe does for them also. I haven't had my head kicked in yet, so a double bonus!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I've made a rod for my own back! While walking round Accy town centre this aft' i was accosted by 2 wino women giving me flannel about how smart i looked in my stripey blazer and white tennis shoes,blah blah, when they suddenly asked for a tenner! Yes,not a couple of quid but a whole ten pounds!:ohmy: I said it didn't carry cash so they left it at that. However when i went to the cashpoint to get a mini statement they reappeared,again asking for money. I told them that i'm not into the habit of giving money away,but then they said "But you gave (wino's name which i can't remember) a fiver the other day". I fiver i thought! 🤔 Anyway,i still refused and then they called me by my first name and said they know where i live!:ohmy:
Sounds like youre in luck Accy. These wizened, toothless, drug and alcohol addled old crones sound like they want to pop round to 'earn' a donation from you. Time for the Barry White 8 track and a dash of Old Spice.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I was walking into town earlier and got about 200 yards from the house when I found a guy who lives near me, in his wheelchair. He is severely disabled and lives in sheltered housing nearby. Anyway, he was struggling as he always does to negotiate the narrow road, crumbling pavements, and drivers who don't give a ****. I never know whether to offer to help in case it is somehow taking away from his independence, but today he looked to be really struggling. So I asked if he wanted a push to his sheltered housing, which he gratefully accepted. :angel:

Mrs M

Guru
Found a wee deceased mouse on our walk today, middle of the dirt path lying on its back :sad:
Best I could do was get to it before the dog, wrap it up in a poop bag and put it in the bin. Felt sad though, poor mouse!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I gave away a really lovely girl's dressing table on Freecycle to a local single parent who has a 3 year old daughter. I took time to weed out the ghouls who inhabit Freecycle looking to turn things round for a quick cash profit but I spotted them.

I could have sold it and made some cash but it'll be treasured there, the little girl loved it, and I'm so happy with that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom