The Good Deed for the Day thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
Made a driver incandescent with anger by cycling through a red light - I also enquired if he was the police and if not what it had to do with him which seemed to make him more furious.

postman

Legendary Member
Helped my neighbour to empty his fridge.He gave me a chocolate icecream,as a reward for looking after his garden.This week it's been the lawn,weeding flower beds,on my knees weeding his paved driveway,cut a small hedge and weeded the area like ours where visitors can park cars,all in all a great week in the garden,the chocolate ice cream was one of those nutty magnom things but a cheaper version from Fultons a freezer food shop.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Helped my neighbour to empty his fridge.He gave me a chocolate icecream,as a reward for looking after his garden.This week it's been the lawn,weeding flower beds,on my knees weeding his paved driveway,cut a small hedge and weeded the area like ours where visitors can park cars,all in all a great week in the garden,the chocolate ice cream was one of those nutty magnom things but a cheaper version from Fultons a freezer food shop.
At that hourly rate, you make lorry drivers look well paid :laugh:.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Last night, at Delapre Abbey, watching The Greatest Showman on an outdoor big screen cinematic event, I helped a line of cross-legged hopping women as they queued for the toilets.
Me? Straight in, turn left, bladder emptied, ablutions done.
I then pointed out to those poor ladies that the Gents side was identical to the Ladies side, and no urinals, so why not use them!!

I can honestly say that I've never pleased that many women in so short a time!

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I gave some walkers directions to Whitstable today.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I saw a small beetle in my bathroom sink before i went out today. I put the plug in the hole,dripped a little water in the sink so the beetle could have a drink and then put a paper towel reaching the edge of the sink so the beetle could climb out. While out i saw a small brown parcel/envelope left on a doorstep. I knocked on the door to hand the parcel to the occupier telling him i thought it might be a temptation for someone to steal. The occupier thanked me...and the beetle wasn't in the sink when i got home.:angel:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just remembered another one. Also while out 2 young girls approached me and asked if i wanted to buy a 'home made' biscuit for 20p. When i asked what they were going to do with the money they said they wanted it to buy some pop. The biscuits didn't look home made,probably more like 'smart price' ones at about 35p a packet.:rolleyes: I admired their entrepreneurial shills and gave them 50p. I also declined one of the biscuits, thinking i'd be taking away part of their profit making supply.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Last night, at Delapre Abbey, watching The Greatest Showman on an outdoor big screen cinematic event, I helped a line of cross-legged hopping women as they queued for the toilets.
Me? Straight in, turn left, bladder emptied, ablutions done.
I then pointed out to those poor ladies that the Gents side was identical to the Ladies side, and no urinals, so why not use them!!

I can honestly say that I've never pleased that many women in so short a time!
At one agricultural show we were at my wife went off to the lady's toilet which was a small shed. She came back a bit shaken as it was a chemical thing of some sort and self emptying. Over the top.:ohmy:

Top Bottom