The good thing about...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
...sharing your riding lesson with five teenage girls on work experience from the agricultural college, is that you and your friend look much more confident and experienced, and are much better behaved, and end up feeling very superior...

I even cantered with no stirrups today. Actually, that's OK, it's coming back to trot (very bouncy without stirrups) that's a bit scary...

We have a new teacher for a while, she's very good. She tells you all the things you're doing really well, before slipping in the little bit of advice on what you could do better. Suddenly I feel like a real horse rider, as opposed to a sack of potatoes on a horse.

Have to confess, my friend stopped partly on a cycle lane to drop me off once we were back in York. But I can forgive a black MGB with V8, leather seats and walnut dash almost anything. Oh, the sound it makes!

Aint Skeered

Argh!, eye watering memories for me Arch. Sitting trot, no stirrups, coming down hard on the pommel of the saddle

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Only once ridden horseback, was a few years ago on the Giza plateu in Cairo. I remember being a 'tad' sore for a few days.

domtyler

Über Member
My main experience of equestrianism was persuading my little brother to mount a pony that just happened to be standing around in a field we were walking through. He did manage to get on but then instead of trotting gallantly around the field, the pony turned around and bit him him quite firmly on the left nipple, leaving it bloody and bruised and my brother in tears. Needless to say I had a good cuff round the ear when we got home! That nipple was all shades of purple for about the next six months though and apparently still feels different to the other one twenty odd years later.

User259iroloboy said:
I once rode a camel in Tunisia...Does that count?;)

Depends what crime you want to commit! ;)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
User259iroloboy said:
I once rode a camel in Tunisia...Does that count?;)

Dromedary I assume? In that case yes, but only as one. If it had been a Bactrian, you could score two...

Dayvo... no.... I don't think anyone's worked out how to breed a recumbent horse yet..... Maybe side-saddle would be the equivalent, and I've never had the chance to try that...

Top Bottom