The Great Ecstasy of Robert Carmichael

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

Has anyone seen this film?

Is anyone planning to watch it? Sam? Kirstie? Papercorn? ANYONE?

I watched it last night with Mrs T. It was her choice from the video shop (I wanted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles).

Oh.

My.

God.

Without a shadow of a doubt the most disturbing film I have ever seen.

Umm not heard of it but if you're recommending it I'll give it a go. Is it out on general release now or on DVD? Just got the new film listings from local arts centres so it may be in there...

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

It's out on DVD now. I am definitely not recommending it as a good film to watch. It's badly shot, dull for the first hour and directionless. In a way that made the last part 10 times worse as we were completely unsuspecting. The ending had us reaching for the remote to turn off. (didn't but fast forwarded the last 5 minutes) Just sick and meaningless.

Selfishly I'd say PLEASE watch it so I can at least share my disgust with someone, but I wouldn't ask anyone to see it if they hadn't already done so or hadn't already planned to, such is the impression it left on us.

SamNichols

No, i haven't seen it, or even heard of it. Looking at the cast on IMDB, I saw Danny Dyer: that's a good reason not to watch a film in my book - the man's a walking cockney stink machine.

I saw Rendition this week - don't bother, whatever you do! At first it seems earnest, but is so toothless that it's unbelieveable - the moral is: a bit of torture is ok, especially when they're not married to an American woman.

also, saw Eastern Promises: there is one scene that is so awkward that a nervous titter went through the whole audience - I believe the scene shall probably go down in history as one of the grottiest scenes in history - naked steam room wrestling anyone? Bit of stabbing? nice...

Also trying to track down a cinema showing Bug, then new Bill Friedkin number.

Top Bottom