The great groupset debate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lmow20

If it ain't titanium, it's not that cool.
Campag everytime, I wouldn't touch that sram rubbish with a barge pole .....

settle down big man, I use the Rival setup. It's actually pretty good! The shifting is different but just as good as my Chorus setup. Only thing is the campy does allow multi gear shifting in both directions. Given that it's a ti frame, the athena groupo would have been AWESOME on it, but this man's trying to make a rational decision here, and with comments like 'rubbish... barge pole..." you're likely to make him panic.

Either way, you'll enjoy your riding. The athena has a really plush silver finish, which beats the Rival black anodised finish imho, and the shifting will be quieter and smoother (yet equal in accuracy and efficiency). Given that it's a carbon bike, the SRAM is the cheaper option, short and long term, but if you can afford the athena, i'd go for it.

OP
OP
cameramanjim

cameramanjim

Getting faster, very slowly
settle down big man, I use the Rival setup. It's actually pretty good! The shifting is different but just as good as my Chorus setup. Only thing is the campy does allow multi gear shifting in both directions. Given that it's a ti frame, the athena groupo would have been AWESOME on it, but this man's trying to make a rational decision here, and with comments like 'rubbish... barge pole..." you're likely to make him panic.

Either way, you'll enjoy your riding. The athena has a really plush silver finish, which beats the Rival black anodised finish imho, and the shifting will be quieter and smoother (yet equal in accuracy and efficiency). Given that it's a carbon bike, the SRAM is the cheaper option, short and long term, but if you can afford the athena, i'd go for it.

Thanks, I appreciate your advice. Now it´s almost decision time!

Top Bottom