The Hour by Michael Hutchinson

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie

Errrr.....
Well done Col, book's arrived. Waiting for me when I got in from work, thanks for the quick dispatch. It's on it's way to Florida!

MessenJah

Rider
Absolutely brilliant book. I love it. I think it's the only cycling book in my collection good enough to read non-stop and re-read not long after. His writing style and sense of humour is brilliant.

Archie

Errrr.....
Haven't you lot been busy on this thread, didn't expect any action whilst I was away! Got back from holiday yesterday so the book is up for grabs.

A very entertaining read, and I liked his tendency to meander off onto side topics; for example Jacques Anquitel's family life was rather bizarre, and not being inculcated to competitive British cycling I wasn't aware of the schizms which exist.

So, thanks to:

ColinJ
Tetedelacourse, the original benefactor.

Who's next?

jasper

If no one else wants it...? It'd be rude not to take you up on the kind offer.

haggard rider

I hope you lot are working out how to ensure MH doesn't lose out on his royalties - or are you using the arguement that by giving the book a high profile you're raising awareness, thus encouraging increased sales?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
haggard rider said:
I hope you lot are working out how to ensure MH doesn't lose out on his royalties - or are you using the arguement that by giving the book a high profile you're raising awareness, thus encouraging increased sales?

What do secondhand bookshops do then?:smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
haggard rider said:
I'm using the arguments that:
  • I could probably get it from a library for nothing, but they might not stock it.
  • I'm totally skint but MH probably isn't.
  • Save the trees!

Top Bottom