The "How Much?" / "Having a Giraffe!" Café thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
£18 for a burger! :eek:

Believe it or not, I was being frugal -

1683377014545.png

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
£49.50 for a laptop power cord at Currys.

I laughed, swore, walked out.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I saw a programme last night about the most expensive/exclusive hotels and prices per night or per week were just ridiculous.

There was one in Switzerland that was €18,000 a night. They kept on going on about the views, but they were pretty crap by Swiss standards.
There was also an option where you could go and have dinner in a nearby forest. 4 courses for the absolute bargain price of €24,000 🤪

I don't care how luxurious the decor is or how fancy the food is or whatever, there quickly comes a point where it really does start not to be worth it. I mean, how can a night in a hotel sensibly be worth €1000, never mind €18,000?

People might say that it is about the prestige, etc, but really, it just seems to me that they are taking the piss with people who have far too much money!

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I saw a programme last night about the most expensive/exclusive hotels and prices per night or per week were just ridiculous.

There was one in Switzerland that was €18,000 a night. They kept on going on about the views, but they were pretty crap by Swiss standards.
There was also an option where you could go and have dinner in a nearby forest. 4 courses for the absolute bargain price of €24,000 🤪

I don't care how luxurious the decor is or how fancy the food is or whatever, there quickly comes a point where it really does start not to be worth it. I mean, how can a night in a hotel sensibly be worth €1000, never mind €18,000?

People might say that it is about the prestige, etc, but really, it just seems to me that they are taking the piss with people who have far too much money!

We have couple as friends and the two of them visit the Caribbean for the whole month of December every year without fail. Hotel costs in excess of £120 000 and air fares around £30 000. Doesn't include airport parking fees, travel to airport (luxury chauffer jobbie), overnight accommodation at airport and all the other bits and pieces that go with holidays.

Not even all-inclusive. Scotch on the Rocks and a glass of Bolly @ £130 a round.

Good luck to them too, if we were that loaded we might do the same - who knows.

We think of it as wealth redistribution in action. ^_^

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
We have couple as friends and the two of them visit the Caribbean for the whole month of December every year without fail. Hotel costs in excess of £120 000 and air fares around £30 000. Doesn't include airport parking fees, travel to airport (luxury chauffer jobbie), overnight accommodation at airport and all the other bits and pieces that go with holidays.

Not even all-inclusive. Scotch on the Rocks and a glass of Bolly @ £130 a round.

Good luck to them too, if we were that loaded we might do the same - who knows.

We think of it as wealth redistribution in action. ^_^

Don't get me wrong, if they are happy, then fine, but I just look at these things and think

'Is that really worth it?'

Jeezo, I baulked at a walk in fee of £84 at a hotel last month. 😆
Now, I guess these things would be interesting to see purely out of curiosity, but if I won the EuroMillions, I doubt I'd be doing anything like that any time soon (I wouldn't even go public with my win anyway). Not with any real seriousness anyway.

How the other half live, eh? ☺️

Top Bottom