The "How Much?" / "Having a Giraffe!" Café thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Tescos £3 for Blackberries so I picked 2 big bags from a short walk from the house.

I saw someone parks on the hard shoulder of a motor slip road picking blackberries at the weekend - was that you?

I unearthed some old Wharfdale speakers at the weekend so went online to buy some speaker cable :ohmy: :eek::ohmy:
1695137996341.png

* i got some for a tenner.

It may seem expensive to the layman, but have you seen the price of Oxygen free Snake Oil?

Ordinary, or cryogenically treated?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I unearthed some old Wharfdale speakers at the weekend so went online to buy some speaker cable :ohmy: :eek::ohmy:
View attachment 707117

There will always be a few gullible people who buy into the emperor’s new clothes.

If you have £88k to throw away then good for you but I hate to think there are men, it’s always men, who are impoverishing their wives and children for the sake of a bit of wire which makes almost no deferrable difference.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
There will always be a few gullible people who buy into the emperor’s new clothes.

If you have £88k to throw away then good for you but I hate to think there are men, it’s always men, who are impoverishing their wives and children for the sake of a bit of wire which makes almost no deferrable difference.

I know of quite a few guys (and one woman) who spend absolute fortunes on their bikes, their biking gear and their foreign cycling trips at the expense of their families. I'm betting there's a few reading this who haven't told their partner the true cost of their purchases.

Alex321

Veteran
I know of quite a few guys (and one woman) who spend absolute fortunes on their bikes, their biking gear and their foreign cycling trips at the expense of their families. I'm betting there's a few reading this who haven't told their partner the true cost of their purchases.

When I bought my current bike, I actually inflated the cost to my wife by £300, so that I could also buy a Wahoo bike computer at the same time :smile: The bike was actually £2100, I told her £2400.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
View attachment 707117

I've seen some cables for £400 and thought that was the highest end they could reach. Wow. However, sometimes sellers are out of stock but don't want to advertise that on the site, or don't want to take it off and re-list, so they raise the price stupidly high in the hope no-one will buy it until more stock comes in, then they reduce it to normal price again. Could this be the case here? Although I know someone who used to trade in £100,000 speakers so maybe if you can afford that, you can afford as much for the cables.

Top Bottom