The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Have a look at the completed listings for Brooks saddles.
In the box on the advert, there is a price tag sticker for £214.99. Given that the seller is also selling some leather bar tape going for £60 from Brooks, a £400+ mark up, even for a collectable is way over the top. Brooks' top of the range saddle the C 13 158mm carved is £175,

How do you do that?

When you do a search on eBay, as you go down the filters on the left hand side of the screen, there is one heading “buying formats” (the heading after “Price” ) that starts with “all listings” this includes completed listings, click on it and ot will give all, err completed listings. Green is the price something sold for, struck through green means an offer was accepted below the BIN, black means unsold.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This is lovely, but I can't see it being worth £6000 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cinelli-Super-Speciale-Corsa-Pista-1970-/324191145997

s-l1600.jpg

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Pretty but an eye watering price! Personally I would have looked into having the fork drilled, rather than fitting that ugly front brake clamp.

midlife

Guru
You mean around the fork crown race (which looks odd) and the area around the lower head tube lug..which looks dodgy.....

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
"somewhat botched paintwork on the headtube area " - Putting it mildly!
"Some cosmetic cracks on the tyre sidewalls" - They look to me like he's painted some old perished tyres to make them look newer.

Top Bottom