The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
The problems caused by a combination of a smart phone and fat fingers to list on EBay . It’s £150 really.

Chris S

Legendary Member
The problems caused by a combination of a smart phone and fat fingers to list on EBay . It’s £150 really.

I saw a £40 bike on ebay with a £400 buy it now price. I emailed the seller and asked if the decimal point was in the wrong place. It was a genuine question but I got a sarcastic answer back so I created another ebay account and offered them £200 for it.

I got a reply saying that they couldn't drop the price by £200, presumably they thought I was trying to haggle it down. I ignored it and over the next few months the price was gradually dropped to £200. I then sent them another email from the new account asking if the decimal point was in the wrong place!

Gunk

Guru
I saw a £40 bike on ebay with a £400 buy it now price. I emailed the seller and asked if the decimal point was in the wrong place. It was a genuine question but I got a sarcastic answer back so I created another ebay account and offered them £200 for it.

I got a reply saying that they couldn't drop the price by £200, presumably they thought I was trying to haggle it down. I ignored it and over the next few months the price was gradually dropped to £200. I then sent them another email from the new account asking if the decimal point was in the wrong place!

the long winter evenings must just fly by :rolleyes:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

Ah so that was you was it ^_^

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Start price £250, buy now £500 for an old Puch needing full refurb in Leeds :wacko: : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-puch-bicycle-/265709450015

s-l1600.jpg

IMO that's one too many zero's :blink:

Chris S

Legendary Member
A '1930s' Peugeot for £750.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165521927812

Top Bottom