The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island
Little known fact

The swimming pool on the Titanic is still full!
It is an even more little known fact that Titanic was not, in fact, the only ship ever to sink in the history of the universe.
 

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island
Well yes - but the Bismarck didn;t have a swimming pool so the comment/joke doesn;t work for that
How do you know? The Kriegsmarine might have had a full spa and leisure facility on each ship for all we know!

Get your hands done with a Swastka on each nail, it's what Hitler would have wanted. Or something.
 
Last edited:
Location
Widnes
How do you know? The Kriegsmarine might have had a full spa and leisure facility on each ship for all we know!

Get your hands done with a Swastka on each nail, it's what Hitler would have wanted. Or something.

Good Point - I have never dived down there to check

I have read a lot about the ship
and it has never mentioned a swimming pool

but then again - I have not read anything that specifically said he did not (apparently Bismark is a He not a She)
 

Brandane

Miles cannot be done unless moving!
Location
Costa Clyde.
Another joker, asking £668 for a 70's gas-pipe build Raleigh Scorpio. It doesn't even have the original drop bars. I had one, it was a nice bike at the time but nothing special. It looked nice though - when new! Cost me £70 in 1979. This seller is dreaming.... But the ad does mention "vintage", so that makes it valuable :rolleyes:

https://ebay.io/m/45GV4K

Screenshot_20260808_221905_eBay.jpg
 
Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island
Another joker, asking £668 for a 70's gas-pipe build Raleigh Scorpio. It doesn't even have the original drop bars. I had one, it was a nice bike at the time but nothing special. It looked nice though - when new! Cost me £70 in 1979. This seller is dreaming.... But the ad does mention "vintage", so that makes it valuable :rolleyes:

https://ebay.io/m/45GV4K

View attachment 817827
I knew a Scorpio once. Awful, awful person who used his birth sign to justify his crappy behaviour, so that is enough for me to avoid! 😆
 
Location
Widnes
I knew a Scorpio once. Awful, awful person who used his birth sign to justify his crappy behaviour, so that is enough for me to avoid! 😆

Anyone who justifies or explains their behaviour based on their star sign is worth avoiding

It is always dodgy and designed to excuse things that they are well aware they have a choice over and decide to do anyway (or not do)
 

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island
Anyone who justifies or explains their behaviour based on their star sign is worth avoiding

It is always dodgy and designed to excuse things that they are well aware they have a choice over and decide to do anyway (or not do)
I know! I mean, I'm a Taurus and as such are a joy to behold! 😆
 
Location
Widnes
Many years ago - just after I started work in my first real job

everyone in our team sent off for a free horoscope from Kelloggs

with a rule that no-one would open it but bring it into work, and we would open them in an anonymised way and then try to work out which on was which

Mine was the only one that everyone got right

Pisces if anyone is interested

everyone else's horoscope was just not like them in some major ways if you didn;t already know whose it was!!
 
Just watched a review of this over on the 'BrilliantBikes' chanel
Q104405_1__34114.1784560950.1280.1280.jpg

Apparently, they've just committed a mortal sin by suggesting that a handlebar bag might be more convenient than frame mounted. Anyhow's - can be be bought for £70 - https://www.brompton.com/p/1895/bar-bag?Colour=White

Just to put this in perspective, my fairly recently purchased folding bike was £85 delivered, and here is seen with the similar Decathlon bag, purchased for around £8
IMG_20250906_160014.jpg


The Brommie bag claims to be 'water resistant', Decathlon bag claims for 'trail rides in fair weather'.

No matter what is claimed, I simply put a small plastic bag in the side pocket, for use in the event of a downpour.

Bromptonauts will no doubt be happy to purchase a Brommie bag like this, and so they should if it appeals to them.
For me, it all seems a little OTT, and taking advantage of fan level loyalty to the brand. As always, YMMV :okay:
 
Top Bottom