The human race.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Sure, as a species we have flaws. But also greatnesses which are to be celebrated, admired and cherished.

I reckon on balance, the good outweighs the bad.

I agree.

Tbh - I don't pay any heed to what I consider OTT negativity re Humans.

We've been very successful as a species and we have solved many major problems along the way - and I believe we will continue to do so.

Every generation throws up new problems and challenges and every time they come and they go and life goes on in much the same fashion as it always has.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I was born in 1958 and regularly say to Jannie that we were born in the best period of time. It is amazing how bad it is getting so quickly and the ability for people ¹to stop it.

We hope that something like Covid wipes everyone out. Rather than a nuclear war. We look at how the animals around Chernobyl have adapter and thrived and how quickly the land is reclaimed by vegetation. Giving the planet to the animals seems like a fair trade after what we have done.

The guy with the "End is nigh" sandwich board is not as daft as we all thought.

Brandane

Legendary Member
We hope that something like Covid wipes everyone out. Rather than a nuclear war.

Not sure about that! I think I would go for the nuclear war option, just as long as I was close enough to the detonation zone to make it quick :okay:.

Given that I live quite close to Britain's nuclear submarine base, that is a reasonably likely scenario. Vlad will have it firmly in his sights.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Not sure about that! I think I would go for the nuclear war option, just as long as I was close enough to the detonation zone to make it quick :okay:.

Given that I live quite close to Britain's nuclear submarine base, that is a reasonably likely scenario. Vlad will have it firmly in his sights.

I’ve never understood the “prepper” mentality.
Who wants to live in a post nuclear apocalypse?
Take me out in the first wave please.

AndyRM

XOXO
I was born in 1958 and regularly say to Jannie that we were born in the best period of time. It is amazing how bad it is getting so quickly and the ability for people ¹to stop it.

We hope that something like Covid wipes everyone out. Rather than a nuclear war. We look at how the animals around Chernobyl have adapter and thrived and how quickly the land is reclaimed by vegetation. Giving the planet to the animals seems like a fair trade after what we have done.

The guy with the "End is nigh" sandwich board is not as daft as we all thought.

Dunno about that like. 3 day weeks, rolling blackouts, miners strike, Thatcher, The Troubles, The Falklands...

There's always been some sort of trouble throughout the world, often man made, and I'm don't think now is any worse than back then.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Suspect the internet has a lot to do with it. Freedom to disseminate information true or otherwise on a massive scale normalises stuff that we would not have seen 40 years ago.

Petrichorwheels

Well, we have come up with mathematics and the bicycle.

The rest is shite.

Beer and a friendly pint?

Jameshow

Veteran
Beer and a friendly pint?

Woodworking too!

IMG-20221127-WA0001.jpeg

Top Bottom