The human race.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Good call!

I'm also 72 and to think that that song was released when I was 15!
We all thought that then and still do!

I'm the same age as you @gavroche . I believe we think more and care more the older we get. Never thought about when younger, although the youth today do.
It's too late for us but all we can hope for is the current generation do something positive about it.

"Too late for us!"

Perhaps a good truth for the generation in positions of power when the origins of our modern society came about from the 60s onwards.

Not wishing to be all generational about it but it seems to me there's cycles where the young rebel against their older generations, become like their older generations as they work for their families and then there's a final stage coming about now where the older generation are rebelling again against what they helped set up. An example is the older stop oil campaigners. There's a fair few in their 70s.

I just wonder why people couldn't have these thoughts when it might have made a difference like the 70s when the climate change movement first came about. The young are ineffective due to no power. The old are not much better. The working age probably have the most opportunities to effect change but are probably too busy getting by and being paid.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I’m in my 40s and the population has doubled in my lifetime.
Everyone is living their own best life. As an individual it is understandable that everyone wants to better themselves. But as a population it is clearly unsustainable.
The problem is who wants to volunteer to be removed from the gene pool.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm also 72 and to think that that song was released when I was 15!
We all thought that then and still do!
1965. When you look at the events around that time it's hardly surprising. The Info Pakistan war had started and the cold war was at its height with the fear of Russia and it's arsenal of nuclear missiles.

Sharky

Guru
1965. When you look at the events around that time it's hardly surprising. The Info Pakistan war had started and the cold war was at its height with the fear of Russia and it's arsenal of nuclear missiles.

On a good point, Tommy was world champ!
And the following year wasn't too bad.

Jameshow

Veteran
I don't get it, we all descended from frogs and apes, so why does it matter.
Why bother about he climate or human rights as we are no better than wild dogs.....?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Eleven days since the human population on this planet passed the eight billion mark. Within the first eight hours of the day.

In 1900, the world population was less than 2 billion. So it has quadrupled in 120 years. Completely unsustainable to anyone who doesn't have their head completely buried in the sand. Yes it's going to peak and then slowly fall, but not until it reaches about 12 billion. Unless of course something happens in the meantime to decimate the population.

Top Bottom