The idiots i encountered on my ride today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
It's shocking, Mr T.

I bet you didn't even come close to kicking a dog whilst you were away.

Right?
Well there were a few peds in Edinburgh that I wanted to kick. :cursing: No manners in that place.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If you see a car pull over on yellow lines, the best thing to do is give it a wide berth, so any subsequent door-opening won't effect you. Likewise with dogs. If you see some off the lead, it's best to slow your speed in anticipaiton of them crossing your path.

Stay safe.
I couldn't give the car a wide berth because i was in the narrow lane to go forward, and i had cars on my right waiting to turn right. By her opening her door she blocked off the lane. The dogs were on a lead and i did slow down as i could see the owner was struggling to control them. Maybe i was too cautious, if i hadn't slowed down they wouldn't have had time to snap?!:smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
I would suggest some more cycle skills are needed, you had more happen to you on that one ride than a lot of us get in a decade or 4 in my case of riding.

I bet you are not getting the sort of forum support that you thought you might on this post.

jayonabike