The Isle Of Wight Randonnee, Sunday 3rd of May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
Cracking ride...except for the puncture I got in the pouring rain just outside a dairy farm. I stopped to fit a new tube and got liberally sprayed with cows**t as other riders splashed through the puddles. To add insult to injury I then discovered I was only a short distance from the Alverstone control point where I could have sorted it out in a nice dry hall.

I've just looked at the Strava plot from yesterday. I knew that Military road, and the climb up to Blackgang were quite 'interesting', I didn't realise quite how 'interesting' they were :ohmy:.

OP
OP
Paulus

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I had seemed to forget the climbs past blackgang along the military road. Very character building in a strong headwind.:bicycle:

I forgotten about this event! Judging by the weather comments, it seems my brain made the right decision. But chapeau to those who took part.

I had seemed to forget the climbs past blackgang along the military road. Very character building in a strong headwind.:bicycle:
It was the crosswinds up onto the cliffs that scared the be Jesus out of me. It was like riding with someone pulling your handlebars from side to side without warning.

Top Bottom