The kitchen gadgets/equipment thread....

raleighnut

Guru
Had one in Aussie great in the bush on an open fire
:ohmy:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Two items.
A garlic press we bought in Germany in 1980.
A block of Sabatier knives.
Although neither in wider terms is special, the garlic press has been used almost every week since it was bought; and the Sabatiers are a joy to use. "Bendy" blades feel so unsafe after the Sabatiers.

OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Two items.
A garlic press we bought in Germany in 1980.
A block of Sabatier knives.
Although neither in wider terms is special, the garlic press has been used almost every week since it was bought; and the Sabatiers are a joy to use. "Bendy" blades feel so unsafe after the Sabatiers.
Good knives are an essential thing of kitchen loveliness!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The original and best toastie sandwich maker:

View attachment 441003
We had one of those, tho' not in that rather classy copper...ours was a kind of nondescript grey. But inspired by that post I went looking for one, but without success. Ended up buying one of these. Looking forward to finding that in my stocking...

numbnuts

Legendary Member
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
We had one of those, tho' not in that rather classy copper...ours was a kind of nondescript grey. But inspired by that post I went looking for one, but without success. Ended up buying one of these. Looking forward to finding that in my stocking...
I bought a Ridge Monkey grill recently which will do toasties and frittatas and many other lovely things. :-)

https://goo.gl/images/BpfbWS

B7D4CEAF-220D-4286-B09D-D44398172DA9.jpeg
B1EC15F9-32DC-46C6-B9BC-CFB4AEC3EB9B.jpeg

It’s a double sided pan the thickness of a toastie bit you can cook all-sorts on it.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
It has a chrome finish - any hue is just the lighting. My mother had one for treats for us in the 1960s but it was long lost when I found that one in a sale in the early 1980s. It had been found in some distant corner of the shop's store room and was old but unused.

Google nutbrown toaster for a selection!

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I have a good selection of knives.
Sabatier, ceramic and my go-to, an Aldi santoku knife.
I have paella pan with lid made from stainless circular tray and B&Q handle rivetted on. Genuine tagline, though not used for a few years.
Steaks I always griddle outside. Weather permitting.

Top Bottom