The Knock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm a Northener and cycled all my life and it was always "The Bonk" to us in our club. You always knew you were getting it when you were riding in a group, chatting and suddenly you couldn't get the energy to talk.

For a few years I lived in the Staffordshire area & used to go on rather long club runs and one day had to be almost pushed to the next cafe stop on the way home. I was racing fit at that time. Just shaking, no energy whatsoever and hardly able to balance on the bike.

We had no idea of the other meaning of the word, I don't think it was used for that in those days!

I'm a Northener and cycled all my life and it was always "The Bonk" to us in our club. You always knew you were getting it when you were riding in a group, chatting and suddenly you couldn't get the energy to talk.

For a few years I lived in the Staffordshire area & used to go on rather long club runs and one day had to be almost pushed to the next cafe stop on the way home. I was racing fit at that time. Just shaking, no energy whatsoever and hardly able to balance on the bike.

We had no idea of the other meaning of the word, I don't think it was used for that in those days!

Top Bottom