The Last Kingdom

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoshM

One of my favourites, when does it air? Couldn't see an airing date on the site you posted?

Archeress

Veteran
Been busy polishing my dissertation proposal whilst it's on the TV. I have read all the books though so will soon catch up next week.

Hugs
Archeress x

Archeress

Veteran
I didn't know it was sort of factual. Or that there were so many books! Are they worth a read?
As with all of Bernard Cornwells books, they are definitely worth the read. I think each season of the TV series coverse 2 of the books (or that was certainly the case for season 1). Another of my favourites of his are the ones about the longbow archers and agincourt.

Hugs
Archeress x

Archeress

Veteran
Book 10 is out in paperback soon (too tight to buy the hardback )
I have them on the Kindle. Having already got the full set of Cadfael books and also the full set of Bolitho books by Alexander Kent (similar to the Hornblower series), my fiance would be really pissed if I started building up another set of paperbacks.

Hugs
Archeress x

OP
OP
raleighnut

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I didn't know it was sort of factual. Or that there were so many books! Are they worth a read?
Sort of factual sums them up, Uhtred is certainly not a real person but a lot of the events are taken from history (the Saxon Chronicles)

I've yet to read a Bernard Cornwell book I didn't enjoy.

Ohh sorry I thought this was a Scottish independence thread...carry on..

Uthred is taller than William Wallace......
Sort of factual sums them up, Uhtred is certainly not a real person but a lot of the events are taken from history (the Saxon Chronicles)

I've yet to read a Bernard Cornwell book I didn't enjoy.

I always loved the "honesty" of Cornwall's books

He usually has a historical section at the end that gives more detail, and also credits the individuals who often DID perform the feats ascribed to his hero

Must admit that I was not as impressed with his "modern books" such as Scoundrel and Stormchild

Top Bottom