The last wine glass has gone.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
There I was strumming my new guitar and I changed position on the couch to get more comfortable and my foot caught my last wine glass, sending it off the coffee table to smash into a million superfine pieces on the floor. That's four glasses gone in about three months. All I've got now are half a dozen champagne flutes and they're only in one piece because they've only ever been used once and so are stored in their box. What am I supposed to do: start drinking Baden-Württemburg's finest produce out of a steel mug?

modge

Andy I can drink Hock out of a bucket lol. Do you have charity shops were you live? Just buy a handfull for a few £s.

domtyler

Über Member
Well you can buy six Tesco finest wine glasses for around two pounds, so unless you are working as a busker in Leith you should be able to stretch to that.

snorri

Legendary Member
Andy in Sig said:
There I was strumming my new guitar and I changed position on the couch to get more comfortable and my foot caught my last wine glass, All I've got now are half a dozen champagne flutes. What am I supposed to do:
Ditch the guitar, get the family involved and form a flute band. ;):smile:

I think some Tupparware left over from the 70s should do the trick! ;)

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Rhythm Thief said:
What guitar did you buy?

A Gibson SG Special which is a sort of specced down (i.e. no cosmetics which I prefer anyway) version of the usual cherry red thing. It was a bit cheaper than usual being a demo model and the amp is coming today. It's great fun but I can't help feeling that every time I pick it up Muddy Waters and Rory Gallagher start slowly rotating in their graves.

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
BTW I've decided to go to the local interior shop for half a dozen new glasses. Given present rates of destruction that should add up to around 2 trips a year from now on.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Andy in Sig said:
A Gibson SG Special which is a sort of specced down (i.e. no cosmetics which I prefer anyway) version of the usual cherry red thing. It was a bit cheaper than usual being a demo model and the amp is coming today. It's great fun but I can't help feeling that every time I pick it up Muddy Waters and Rory Gallagher start slowly rotating in their graves.

nice ;)

shaun75

Über Member
Nice guitar Andy. I'm off to the NEC tomorrow to Music Live to check out something new for myself.

If i buy one i'll make sure no glasses are nearby when i'm strumming;)

SamNichols

When my drums were set up in my old shed, I once managed to break a glass in my house with the vibrations. That's a true story. I was having an angry day.

Top Bottom