1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The last wine glass has gone.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Andy in Sig, 1 Nov 2007.

1. Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig Vice President in Exile

There I was strumming my new guitar and I changed position on the couch to get more comfortable and my foot caught my last wine glass, sending it off the coffee table to smash into a million superfine pieces on the floor. That's four glasses gone in about three months. All I've got now are half a dozen champagne flutes and they're only in one piece because they've only ever been used once and so are stored in their box. What am I supposed to do: start drinking Baden-Württemburg's finest produce out of a steel mug?

2. modge

modge New Member

Andy I can drink Hock out of a bucket lol. Do you have charity shops were you live? Just buy a handfull for a few £s.

3. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Stop playing the guitar. Just seems like trouble. :blush:

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Well you can buy six Tesco finest wine glasses for around two pounds, so unless you are working as a busker in Leith you should be able to stretch to that.

5. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Change to beer the cans don't smash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

It's against the law in Germany to drink beer out of a can:biggrin:

7. What guitar did you buy?

8. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

Ditch the guitar, get the family involved and form a flute band. ;):smile:

9. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I think some Tupparware left over from the 70s should do the trick! ;)

10. OP
    OP
    Andy in Sig

A Gibson SG Special which is a sort of specced down (i.e. no cosmetics which I prefer anyway) version of the usual cherry red thing. It was a bit cheaper than usual being a demo model and the amp is coming today. It's great fun but I can't help feeling that every time I pick it up Muddy Waters and Rory Gallagher start slowly rotating in their graves.

11. OP
    OP
    Andy in Sig

BTW I've decided to go to the local interior shop for half a dozen new glasses. Given present rates of destruction that should add up to around 2 trips a year from now on.

12. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

nice ;)

13. shaun75

shaun75 Well-Known Member

Nice guitar Andy. I'm off to the NEC tomorrow to Music Live to check out something new for myself.

If i buy one i'll make sure no glasses are nearby when i'm strumming;)

14. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

When my drums were set up in my old shed, I once managed to break a glass in my house with the vibrations. That's a true story. I was having an angry day.

15. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

Andy,

A true wine lover would worry more about the contents!