The latest Comeback Kid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

irw

Quadricyclist
I have a small shelf of videos that havn't made it onto any sort of new media- school shows, home videos, films taped in the dim and distant past etc etc, and last time I had to replace my video recorder, the only place I could find one at a reasonable price (a tenner, or thereabouts IIRC), was the British Heart Foundation electricals shop. The only things the big shops had were VHS/DVD combi things at X hundred pounds a piece!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I am not sure where you can get VHS videos these days. Even charity shops stopped taking them a couple of years back.

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
I remember being looked at in awe/shock some years ago as I tipped boxes of audio and video cassettes into the skip at the local tip.

lane

Veteran
Still seem to one here - no idea why really

IMG_20180915_173645.jpg

MarkF

Guru
I have a Sanyo VTC5000 that cost me £299 (I think) in 1982, a lot of money then, it still functions 100%. When the kids were little, other kids on sleepovers had no idea what videos were, it provided 20+ years of use and was a bargain.:okay:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Still got a deck and tapes- the only way, apart from LaserDisc, to have an official copy of the 'proper' original Star Wars trilogy before George Lucas started mucking about with them (I have no problem with improving the special effects, cleaning the images up, but Jabba the Hutt should have stayed on the cutting room floor for Episode IV...and as for Han Solo not shooting first....!).

Top Bottom