The Lawless Streets of Swindon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
User3143 said:
Eh? Unless you have something useful to contribute (if only) then please don't bother.

The two vids I was refering to (the hackney cab incident has already been discussed) the OP did not once look behind him, if he had then he would not of had the problems that he did.

LOL! You're tetchy today Lee! It's the way you place yourself on a pedestal. Keeps me amused! :biggrin:

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
User3143 said:
Eh? Unless you have something useful to contribute (if only) then please don't bother.

The two vids I was refering to (the hackney cab incident has already been discussed) the OP did not once look behind him, if he had then he would not of had the problems that he did.
Shows how ignorant and self opinionated you really are.
I was given a mirror as a gift, not something I really wanted but having used would not ride without it.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
User3143 said:
In terms of riding a bike though you wish you was - believe me.

Then you would not start a thread proclaiming that the roads of Swindon are 'lawless'.

Posting a couple of vids that only show your lack of awareness to what the traffic is doing behind you.

Learn to ride a bike first, be aware of what is behind you before you start talking bollox as you did in your OP with respect to cycling, the Police in Swindon and the local authorities.
You don't half post alot of bile, you obviously have some serious issues and I am certainly glad I am nothing like you at all. Unfortunately for being good on a bike does not make you a good person, as you prove.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
User3143 said:
Good example of an oxymoron from the poster of useless posts.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
User3143 said:
So why did you let the taxi (by the low bridge) undertake you then on the approach to the lights if you saw him?

Are you talking about the taxi that was half in the lane to go straight on on half in my lane, to turn right, who then proceed to move fully into the lane I had occupied.

If a large metal box driven by someone not interested in my safety wants to move into the space I am occupying I have two choices move out of the way or end up underneath it.

Can you explain "So why did you let the taxi, especially the "let" part.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
User3143 said:
I'm a good person, but I take issues with something who does not perform the necessary checks on a bike when moving in slow moving traffic or coming to a stop at a red light.

Then tries and blames their failings on the Police, and local authorities. You do nothing for the world of cycling when you could do i.e. use your camera as an educational tool rather then post vids that are of an incorrect riding style that will have a negative impact.

Perfect example of your bile, negative and completely incorrect.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
User3143 said:
Looks to me like you let him that's all. The mouth leading upto that junction is very wide and you were to far over to the right (which allowed the taxi to undertake you).

I would have checked a good 40 or so yards from the junction (I presume you did?) and then took up the lane accordingly except I saw no movement from your head unless you was moving your eyes of course to look at your mirror.

After going through that junction many times, twice a day, I have found the best/safest position which I took on that day as usual. Apart from the one taxi driver, all the other drivers realise that if I am positioned where I was on that day, there is not enough space on either side to pass. The junction looks wide, it basically goes from one to two lanes with the right hand lane finally splitting into two lanes. The driver approached the junction as if he was going straight on, only making his manoeuvre across too close to the stop line. I saw him coming and noted he was not indicating, at that junction if people do not indicate it means they are generally going left or straight on but not right, even as he went past me he was still not indicating.
The position I took is still the position I take now as anywhere else would lead to more overtakes like that.

BSRU said:
....at that junction if people do not indicate it means they are generally going left or straight on but not right....

Can I just interrupt this little love-in to point out one thing that's worth considering...not to have a pop at anyone, just as a point to note

• If people indicate left it means they are in probability, turning left or pulling in, with the possibility that they are not and have left their indicator on
  • If people indicate right it means they are in probability, turning right or overtaking, with the possibility that they are not and have left their indicator on
  • If people are not indicating the only thing that it means is that they are not indicating

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Sheffield_Tiger said:
Can I just interrupt this little love-in to point out one thing that's worth considering...not to have a pop at anyone, just as a point to note

• If people indicate left it means they are in probability, turning left or pulling in, with the possibility that they are not and have left their indicator on
  • If people indicate right it means they are in probability, turning right or overtaking, with the possibility that they are not and have left their indicator on
  • If people are not indicating the only thing that it means is that they are not indicating
That is all true. I should have not written "it means", probably "usually" would have been better.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
User3143 said:
I'm a good person, but I take issues with something who does not perform the necessary checks on a bike when moving in slow moving traffic or coming to a stop at a red light.

If your such a good person, then why don't you be a little bit more positive?
a friendly bit of advice on how he can improve his cycling to be safer, is better, than what is essential trying to be the bigger and better person without actually contributing anything.

Top Bottom