The League of Gentleman Reunite.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petek

Über Member
He's a snowflake compared to Bernard Manning (RIP).
We saw Chubby Brown one year on South Pier in Blackpool.
Bleddy funny - so the year after we went again.
It was the exact same routine as the year before.
Give the lad his due though, he's a brilliant drummer.
Been watching the original LoG reruns on telly this past couple of weeks.
It hasn't aged well.

SteveF

Watched it a few times and never really got LoG, never really "in-tune" with them, have the same feelings about Vic and Bob actively avoid watching them.

screenman

Legendary Member
He's a snowflake compared to Bernard Manning (RIP).
We saw Chubby Brown one year on South Pier in Blackpool.
Bleddy funny - so the year after we went again.
It was the exact same routine as the year before.
Give the lad his due though, he's a brilliant drummer.
Been watching the original LoG reruns on telly this past couple of weeks.
It hasn't aged well.

A local to you as well.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
What makes you say that? Visually I would agree, but then camera technology has advanced rapidly since 1999.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, we didn’t have Go-Pros back then.

swansonj

Guru
Apparently IRL he's charm personified. I think he plays to his audience.

Regarding Papa Lazarou, the article would suggest that the LoG have thought about their characters, stand by them and are ready to defend them should they need to.
I deeply distrust people who present fundamentally different personas in real life than when sheltering behind the anonymity of an act - or an online forum.

Adam4868

Guru
Sorry to be dim but is there a bit of this thread saying the League of gentlemen is unsuitabe/racist/innapropriate for viewing ?

Adam4868

Guru
Thanks for clearing that up,it's gone right over my head.Maybe satire ? I think the character (based on a Greek landlord of theirs) is creepy/sinister with just about every other character in there ! As I say I enjoy it can't wait for the specials,and if you can't wait till Xmas re runs are on tonight at 10.30.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I deeply distrust people who present fundamentally different personas in real life than when sheltering behind the anonymity of an act - or an online forum.
So where would you draw the line? Surely Roy "Chubby" Brown is a character created by Royston Vasey,
as much as the inhabitants of the fictional town of Royston Vasey are characters created by Shearsmith, Pemberton, Gatiss and Dyson?

Last edited:
Top Bottom