The lines Blur...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mgs315

I’d prefer a Bokeh for my use but I can totally understand the use for this type of bike. If I lived in mid Wales where the parents do I’d definitely grab one of these for the terrain around there.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
When I were a lad, there were touring bikes, racing bikes, mountain bikes, BMX bikes and hybrid bikes. That was it.

Now we have downhill bikes, gravel bikes, cyclo-cross bikes, audax bikes, sportive bikes, winter bikes, summer bikes, etc. Ffs. What is the world coming too?
Cant wait for Specialized's 2019 range of 'Autumn bikes' which cater to the gel powered pussies wearing white spandex and aero wrap around shades. No doubt it'll have a special carbon fibre hinge in the middle to convert it into a nifty unicycle for those hard to negotiate turns in today's commuter routes through metropolis.

Last edited:

mikeymustard

Veteran
Well they hardly signal The End of Days now, do they?
Mason make fantastic bikes and it's certainly distinctive (he said diplomatically). They like their niche machines but this seems to be carving a nook, alcove or even a cranny within that niche!

si_c

Guru
I like the colour, but the frame not so much - I really like a flat top tube. The frame design also seems a little odd to me - for what is clearly intended to be an adventure type bike, it seems limited in the sort of frame bags you could fit in the triangle. I imagine it's a bit of fun on gravel or off-road, but not for me.

U

User169

It's growing on me! Any Mason bike is going to be pretty fine.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
These bikes are made to do a job and not to look pretty and just stand outside of a cafe. Josh Ibbet certainly has the experience to explain what is needed to make these bikes work for ultra distance rides. He is also an ambassador for Hunt wheels.

I like the look of them and Mason have a very good reputation.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm sure it's very capable but too much screams look at me 'it's the latest fashion'. 1x drive and fat tyres, nothing wrong with that but all that he claims could be achievable on a more traditional bike. I'd also say it is designed to look good outside the cafe.
Remember they are in the business of selling new hardware so are always producing new ideas and pushing them.

Last edited:
U

User169

These bikes are made to do a job and not to look pretty and just stand outside of a cafe. Josh Ibbet certainly has the experience to explain what is needed to make these bikes work for ultra distance rides. He is also an ambassador for Hunt wheels.

I like the look of them and Mason have a very good reputation.

Tour Divide starts on Friday. Should be a good test of his bike.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I'm sure it's very capable but too much screams look at me 'it's the latest fashion'. 1x drive and fat tyres, nothing wrong with that but all that he claims could be achievable on a more traditional bike. I'd also say it is designed to look good outside the cafe.
Remember they are in the business of selling new hardware so are always producing new ideas and pushing them.

This certainly looks as though it is aimed at the Transcontinental, Transatlantic Way, Tour Divide ultra distance riders. You may be able to get round theses routes on a traditional bike. But getting round on this bike would be considerably easier. Its not a fashion. It appears that they are listening to what people want and providing it.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Whats goung on with the chain stays ^_^

It's to make it possible to fit a belt without a joint in the frame.

OK, the bike has derailer gears, but there might be one with a hub gear.

Equally as important 'asymetric chain stays' makes the bike sound on trend and fashionable.

Top Bottom