The London Brompton Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Georgios M

Hi all,

I bought yesterday my rear rack and easy wheels set. They were installed at the bike store that I bought them.

However, when I fold and roll it, it's not following a straight line but turns rightwards.
From the bike store they told me that this is the way it rolls by design. Is that correct?

Do any of you have the same issue? Do your bikes with rear rack and easy wheels on roll in straight line or not?

Thanks a lot

Matthames

Über Member
I find when rolling with the easy wheels that it veers to the right and have to correct the direction every so often. I think it is a safety feature to prevent the bike from rolling away.

Georgios M

I find when rolling with the easy wheels that it veers to the right and have to correct the direction every so often. I think it is a safety feature to prevent the bike from rolling away.

Well the issue is that I tested a lot bromptons (people on the road that were very polite to answer my questions) with rear rack and EZ wheels and seem to be rolling straight. I also met a Brompton design engineer with his bike and he told me that it should follow straight line (his bike did follow straight line).

So what happens now?

Additionally I have to say that I am very disappointed with the store that I bought and installed everything. Even yesterday I found out a mistake on the rack installation (for the second time). Wrong number of washers installed. I fixed it but still the bike veers to the right. I believe that there is something else wrongly installed from the rack parts but I don't have the experience to search deeper.

I am a little desperate...

avi170

*Some Brompton advice needed*

I am currently using a courtesy 6 Speed titanium Brompton S-Type. I only ever use the 5th and 6th gears. I live in central London - so mainly flat roads.

I have ordered a 2 speed titanium S-Type - but i'm concerned the gears will not be powerful enough. I like to go fast...

Does anyone have any advice around this? Will 2 speed suffice? Or am I better off going for a spec'd up 3 speed? Or even a 6? (concerned about extra weight...)

Or do I just buy a larger gear wheel for my 2 speed?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Hello, anybody there?
No updates here, no updates on website since last July. Has the club folded :whistle:

The OP has not been back for nearly a year.

I think there's a guy who is a member on here who organises London rides for Brompton riders.

He's called Bob, if I recall correctly.

StuartG

slower but further
Yes, enjoyed the last. More would be good. A continental one even better.

StuartG

slower but further

StuartG

slower but further
Stuart you need to join the kids and enter the world of Facebook
As above - Facebook insist my email address of over 10 years is invalid and won't allow me to register. So is LBC some kind of secret society folding each other in private or could your rides be shared here too?

Top Bottom