The lovely Liesl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brock

Arch said:
Try them when YOU want to! Plenty of peope have managed very well without them, for years and years... Don't feel you have to have them to be a proper cyclist.

No! Try them NOW! When I want you to!
People managed perfectly well for years and years without lots of things, wheels...scissors...matches.. doesn't mean they don't make life easier though. It's always best to try things, otherwise you can't make an informed choice to never use/eat/copulate them again.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Brock said:
No! Try them NOW! When I want you to!
People managed perfectly well for years and years without lots of things, wheels...scissors...matches.. doesn't mean they don't make life easier though. It's always best to try things, otherwise you can't make an informed choice to never use/eat/copulate them again.

Point taken.:biggrin: But I just mean, don't feel pressured to use something if you don't want to, just because you think people will look down on you otherwise...

What's that quote? "Try anything once, except incest and morris dancing..."

Carwash

Señor Member
Arch said:
What's that quote? "Try anything once, except incest and morris dancing..."

Actually, I think it's "folk dancing" in the original - but I'd take issue with that! Tremendous fun.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
No-one's looking down on Cathryn for not having clipless. I personally just want her to experience the joys and advantages of them, I wouldn't want to ride without clipless myself most of the time.

wafflycat

Cathryn said:
Brock, you're very funny. I wish I could say yes, but I did mean if a car hit me or I ran into something!! But I'm still laughing at the thought of me and Liesl flying.

I will try clipless, I promise. I've spent this summer getting used to drop handlebars...I know I need to try clipless....

I was a reluctant convert to clipless. Long story, but basically I was given Look shoes & pedals. Now, I would not go back to 'ordinary' pedals out of choice. Clipless just make cycling that bit easier, that bit smoother, that bit easier on the legs - it's a more efficient means of pedalling. More speed for less effort, as you're putting power in on the upstroke as well as on the downstroke, so it's much easier than having to push all the time. Makes a positive difference cycling up hills and I need all the help I can get :biggrin:

Yes, I had the obligatory clipless moment when learning to use them, but clipless swiftly become second-nature so clipping in and out, even in traffic is no hassle at all. Plus, you can alter the tension on the pedal so that if you do have a spill, you unclip automatically.

If this middle-aged matron of the parish can convert to clipless, anyone can!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I hadn't seen how this had taken off. LOVE the photo of me and Liesl flying through the air (concerned about how my helmet makes my head look like that of an alien).

I appreciate the support for my flat pedal status amongst the group, but I do solemnly declare that when we get back from India, I will try clipless pedals. That gives me a good six weeks to plan, buy and freak out about it!!!

Top Bottom