The lurkers thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

If I am logged out and just reading a post am I classed as a lurker at that point?

Cee Jay

Y'see, some of us take a fair bit of time to think of something (vaguely) worth saying. By the time we have the thread has shifted a tad... Look it's gone to 70s punk bands!! I'm going to have to start thinking again now... (clank of rusty brain...)

:evil:

bonj2

Bigtallfatbloke said:
What is wrong with lurking?...there is a lot to learn from this site and some peeps may feel they dont wish to post, just read.

ChrisKH said:
Usual controversy from bonj there. I'm an in-betweeny. I probably spend more time lurking than I should (and less time posting than I should). Hence relatively low post count.

It took me four years to get up to a 1000 on C+, so by comparison I'm ahead.

hmmm... don't know. Maybe it's ok to lurk. Just seems a bit like voyeurism, that's all - even though there's nothing seedy going on (usually ... I hope :evil: :biggrin:)
It's the whole thing of 'they-can-see-us-but-we-can't-see-them'.
Maybe we should charge them a nominal fee.

Tetedelacourse

Are you short of money or something at the minute? First you want money for donating blood, then you want money from people who might read your posts!

bonj2

Tetedelacourse said:
Are you short of money or something at the minute? First you want money for donating blood, then you want money from people who might read your posts!

not drastically, but it wouldn't go amiss if you're offfering?

shaun75

Über Member
Not sure i like the phrase 'lurker' but here i am anyway! One of many i suspect!
I racked up a few hundred posts on the C+ forum but since that all changed i've hardly bothered, both here or there. I do pop in everyday though but i've always enjoyed reading the posts rather than joining in, unless i can help someone.
I also agree, why log in just to read? I think many lurkers are members who are just having a quick browse.

There you go, my 1st post........

.....see you in 3months!!!!!!

Top Bottom