The Man in The High Castle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

First episode good, it's then downhill and increasingly boring due to lack of interesting characters and unengaging plot. I got as far as ep5 then went to watch some paint dry.

It's a shame it was released on the same weekend as the exceptionally good Jessica Jones

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I saw the trailer for it. Not sure if I want to watch it though. Looks a bit meh...

LonesomeWanderer

Über Member
First episode good, it's then downhill and increasingly boring due to lack of interesting characters and unengaging plot. I got as far as ep5 then went to watch some paint dry.

It's a shame it was released on the same weekend as the exceptionally good Jessica Jones
I got to pretty much the same place and couldn't take anymore... it's soooo boring. A shame because the original idea was interesting.

midlife

Guru

Jessica Jones is surprisingly addictive :smile:

Shaun

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
An interesting concept, but not living up to its potential IMHO. Making nazism look as American as cherry pie and Thanksgiving.... Does nobody bear any resentment at being nuked? Have watched the first two, and haven't quite given up on it yet, but it's just a matter of time.

midlife

Guru
Interestingly its based on a story by Phillip K Dick, have Google on what other films are based on his books. I wish I would have written them :smile:

Shaun

Watched the first one, was interested enough to watch the second. But the first episode was available months before the second with the gap big enough I'd forgotten what the plot lines were, lost interest and fell asleep.

Tin Pot

Guru
Tried to watch the first episode gave up.

Tried to watch some more of the first episode a week later, gave up.

It's just not grabbing me the way the book did. I guess I'm just not grabbed by the 'hook' of a Nazi US.

If people were saying "it gets better" I try again, but they aren't!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
It looked intriguing in the adverts / trailers, but not enough to warrant £79 for Amazon Prime.
From the majority of posts above, it seems I was right not to take the plunge. I'll add the book to the Xmas list ;)

Top Bottom