The Man who Cycled the World .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ZIZAG

Veteran
:biggrin: I have just read the book about Mark Beaumont . " The Man who Cycled the World ".
Very Interesting . Lots of adventure . and mishaps . :ohmy:
Also very Inspiring . :hello:

aberal

Veteran
When are you leaving?
whistling.gif

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Yes, I can see it happening too. My friend is leaving to cycle round the world on 1st Sept. She's very inspirational. My old colleague is also cycling RTW with his mate at the moment.

Fantastic stuff...you know it makes sense

Orange

I read that too - good that he is an entertaining writer. Made me want to buy a Koga-Miyata!

I love sports biographies and books on endurance events/feats. The Lance Armstrong books were also a great read.

(At the other end of the spectrum, Johny Wilkinson's book was deplorably boring. One of the few books I couldn't even finish!)

just jim

I've just read the follow-up book "The Man Who Cycled The Americas". For me it picked up after M.B entered South America. His writing became more engaging, more honest perhaps. Great book which left me wondering if I've left it too late!

Norm

Good book but he seemed remarkably naive at times.

I know that is said with hindsight and reading from the comfort of my bed, but, with the prep work he did elsewhere, the way he approached the Middle East and Australia read like he was being more cavalier than Charles I.

Seigi

I'd really love to build up to be able to cycle the world at some point in my life, or at the very least the continent. Might pick the book up for some future inspiration :tongue:

Chilternrides

I haven't read the book, but I did attend a presentation he gave at our local theatre about his travels;

I gather from what has been said so far the book is far more inspirational than his spoken presentation was. (Sorry, great feat though it was, he didn't capture my imagination at all in person).

sheddy

Legendary Member
MB did some more TV presenting by following the west country route of the ToB in todays BBC Country Tracks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ss1tp

Top Bottom