The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Good call.

The rain on Saturday was not just heavy but quite cold too. I was prepared with wet weather gear not so much for the cold. Changing a tube in a pub car park in that downpour left me with no feeling in my fingers and uncontrollable shakes and shivers. I also couldn't see what I was doing properly because of the rain on my glasses. On the plus side, it was the first time I'd used my Topeak Road Morph pump in anger at the roadside. It passed with flying colours.

And shorts! Whatever made me think that it would be wet-but-ok-for-shorts?? Fool.

I must also get some waterproof overshoes. My Northwave boots fill with water after a while. As I walked I made obscene squelching noises. When I got home I poured probably a decent glassful of water from each boot.
My eyesight is very poor at the best of times, hence my leaning on the cautious side. In contrast yesterday's social ride was lovely!

Last edited:

gbs

Guru
Good call.

I must also get some waterproof overshoes. My Northwave boots fill with water after a while. As I walked I made obscene squelching noises. When I got home I poured probably a decent glassful of water from each boot.

Perhaps you will like "waterproof" socks that work like a wetsuit. After a few minutes the feet are warm and there is no reservoir to collect surplus water

Last edited:

Katherine

Guru
I might be out of the challenge :cry:
I was meant to be leading a ride today that I could have rounded up for my October century.
After my accident on Wednesday , I fear that I will be off the bike for a while. - I can't ride if my thumb doesn't work.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was meant to be leading a ride today that I could have rounded up for my October century.
After my accident on Wednesday , I fear that I will be off the bike for a while. - I can't ride if my thumb doesn't work.
Bad luck, and heal soon.

Keep an eye open for the 'Annual Lunacy Challenge' which would allow a fallback option in future! :okay:

13 rider

Guru
Hope you heal quick, couple of weekends to go so all not lost yet

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
October out of the way today with a very very wet Imperial century in the company of @13 rider :hugs:, when we met up we both said "what the hell are we doing?" :laugh:. It rained nonstop throughout the ride, I was absolutely drenched and had the shakes for a hour after getting home :cold:....

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Noooo, I hope it heals enough so you can, work a flat smooth route out in case.

I'm beginning to panic, I was supposed to have done a 200km and 2x130km so far this month, latter 2 weather stopped play and I got cold feet over what would have ended up being solo 200. Can't ride next weekend so it will be lovely!

Top Bottom