The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Completed this for the 2nd year running with a 105km ride from home up to Norwich and then train home. Although I could have done without the Ipswich - Felixstowe train being cancelled due to a gas leak near the track and having to do an unwanted additional 21km to get home :sad:

gbs

Guru
All monthly boxes ticked. I am quite pleased given that I had some time out skiing (probably for the last time) in February and a 3 week off games period in March/April because of the virus; a total of 45 century rides, of which 40 were solo efforts.

Bon courage to those who have yet to complete.

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
That's me over the line . Just enough today 62.5 miles . 2 hours in the dark in an attempt to beat the rain . Had 1hr 20mins in the dry then 3 hrs in drizzle . I was painfully slow all day really struggled not to just turn tail and head home but managed to get round . Home now in front of the fire warming up but my still can't feel my hands , definitely took the wrong gloves

That's me over the line . Just enough today 62.5 miles . 2 hours in the dark in an attempt to beat the rain . Had 1hr 20mins in the dry then 3 hrs in drizzle . I was painfully slow all day really struggled not to just turn tail and head home but managed to get round . Home now in front of the fire warming up but my still can't feel my hands , definitely took the wrong gloves
Bravo Sir, cold and wet hands really are the worst. If winters weren't getting warmer I'd be tempted to get a pair of those Sealskinz heated gloves!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
77 metric centuries done. That is definitely the total for the year now as I have no more opportunities to add to the tally. Next year will, I suspect, be considerably closer to 12 than 77.
Well done!

My total for next year will once again be considerably closer to 12 than to 77, and hopefully also closer to 12 than to 1... :whistle:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Boxing Day 101. Makes 5 years worth of metric centuries (with separate rides to count for imperial 100s in 2018 and 2019). Jumped out today as the weather is turning and staying cold till 2021 (at least) and my toes don't like that. 20 plus miles visibility across Torbay at sunset (no sun before though). SW wind slowly increased but not an issue (but gales forecast overnight). Happy New Year all.

Ajax Bay

Guru
@Sea of vapours
@KingswayRider
@Goonerobes
@13 rider
@Jenkins
@Sbudge
@gbs
Without any 'milk monitor' approach, by my reckoning, all above complete. Well done all and Happy New Year.
ETA: I have taken the liberty of setting up the 2021 challenge thread. And yes; plus me :laugh: (see subscription)

Last edited:

KingswayRider

Über Member
77 metric centuries done. That is definitely the total for the year now as I have no more opportunities to add to the tally. Next year will, I suspect, be considerably closer to 12 than 77.
More than I've managed. Working office hours doesn't help & I suspect putting in 77 100k's on weekends alone might result in the wife being deeply unimpressed with me.

I'm off the mark for 2020 . Did a local 16 mile loop 4 times ,rather boring by the 4th loop .64 miles with 4800ft of upness
Nice one, well done.
We 3 had planned a 100km ride today, never more than 5 miles from home, but a bit less repetitive than loops, we abandoned that plan after 15 miles of icy roads, and pootled round a bit more to at least get our half century a month challenge up and running,
Hopefully next week.

Off the mark for 2021. Plotted a 100km loop that didn't stray more than 5 miles from home. Obviously poor mapping as got back still 400m short so had to double-back a tad! :dry:

The challenge is going to be plotting a different one for next month without repeating or reversing it.

Oh, and since I started this madness in February 2016 (yes, particularly poor planning, I know) that makes it 5 years of monthly metric centuries. No way I'd have kept that up without the folks here. Thanks

Last edited:

KingswayRider

Über Member
@Donger...where is your 100k? You talked me into this a year ago...I'm expecting your resumption of the challenge.
Did you see my post on KCC? Seems Policing Minister & Met Police Commissioner both view local as starting from & arriving back at your door unassisted.

Top Bottom