The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluenotebob

Veteran
@steverob .. I'm putting together a short list of 2024 Challenges for the mods to pin (better than them receiving requests piecemeal)

Do you want me to add the 2024 Metric Century A Month to this list?

Ajax Bay

Guru
@steverob .. I'm putting together a short list of 2024 Challenges for the mods to pin (better than them receiving requests piecemeal)
Do you want me to add the 2024 Metric Century A Month to this list?
If you do this, please ask that the 'chat' threads NOT be pinned. If challengers (et al) aren't 'chatting' thereon then it doesn't warrant pinning; and if they are, it doesn't need to be pinned. @Moderators
It would be excellent to have the (main) challenges pinned. Though again it doesn't really matter: if riders are not posting then why pin it/them?

13 rider

Guru
And if anyone is particularly interested, here's the master spreadsheet to show who's done what over the previous 14 editions of this challenge.
You sir have too much free time , excellent information well displayed ,puts my paper tick lists for the half century challenge to shame 😂

steverob

Guru
You sir have too much free time , excellent information well displayed ,puts my paper tick lists for the half century challenge to shame 😂
To be honest the historical data was the only bit that took time and that was a bit of a lockdown project. Actually keeping the current year up to date is relatively easy for me - but then also this challenge typically has around 10 entrants, whereas you need to keep logs for 30-40 which is a lot more time consuming.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Back on the treadmill.

Didn't want to hammer myself today so I picked a relatively unhilly route, decent weather. Finished in good order. Good start to the year.

still waiting to ride at all, zwift only as we did the whole family thing today so i have been busy cleaning , preparing , serving then tidying up .
Just waiting for the last 2 to go so i cant set up

That's my tenth, consecutive year of this challenge started :-)

It's January, so perhaps I should not whinge about weather, but the forecast of 7C and some light showers in the first hour seemed almost appealing. The reality of 1-3C and constant, albeit light, rain was .... not great really. At least the 'light wind' aspect of the forecast was correct though, and it's great to have that safely ticked off early, removing the risk of icy weather being a problem until the last week of February :-)

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Is this just for outdoor rides, Steve?

@CXRAndy The intention is that all qualifying rides should be done outdoors. There are possibilities for exemptions to be granted on an ad hoc basis, e.g. if your bike is out of action for over a month due to a serious mechanical issue, or if there were restrictions on outdoor riding in your area because of another lockdown in the future; then you would be allowed to log a virtual ride in its place. But even then these would be considered one-offs, with all other rides in the challenge having been done outdoors.

As this is the second time this has cropped up of late, see also https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/t...a-month-challenge-chatzone.95264/post-7084808 I wonder whether we should put a sentence in The Roolz to clarify?

13 rider

Guru
Rides should be completed outside , turbo rides are only allowed in exceptional circumstances, ie a broken shoulder making outside rides impossible and with the agreement of the thread monitor @13 rider
I've just added this to the half century rules to cover , I like a bit of wriggle room rather than a hard no it just doesn't count .
You could put in something about a majority ruling

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
That's my tenth, consecutive year of this challenge started :-)

It's January, so perhaps I should not whinge about weather, but the forecast of 7C and some light showers in the first hour seemed almost appealing. The reality of 1-3C and constant, albeit light, rain was .... not great really. At least the 'light wind' aspect of the forecast was correct though, and it's great to have that safely ticked off early, removing the risk of icy weather being a problem until the last week of February :-)

Hopefully starting my challenge this weekend, the floods being an issue for me atm

Top Bottom