The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Perhaps we can come up with a suitable award of our own? I have no knowledge of the history of it, I'm sure @ianrauk will know but what could we award for those who have completed it?

A silver star? A gold star outline (rather than a solid gold star)?

Silver star sounds good, we can aspire to a gold one - though would be happy with a broon jobby for what it represents!!

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Making my debut here with a 102Km ride up to Skeffington and down to Great Bowden taking in a few villages between. 100Km not usually a problem but the weather normally gets in the way this time of year. Still that's January's done!

Fubar

Guru
Making my debut here with a 102Km ride up to Skeffington and down to Great Bowden taking in a few villages between. 100Km not usually a problem but the weather normally gets in the way this time of year. Still that's January's done!

Cool - remember to add it to the official thread ;)

welshwheels

Jesus Christ now I'm finding this I've entered wind rush winter warm down 108k in February 1st do I need to start this challenge in jan or can I start in February ?

Fubar

Guru
Jesus Christ now I'm finding this I've entered wind rush winter warm down 108k in February 1st do I need to start this challenge in jan or can I start in February ?

according the the "challenge" rules "Your first ride must be in January" though I think this was relaxed by the first "chatzone" thread, so the answer is - I don't know! I'm pretty sure most of us work Jan-Dec.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Well I started logging mid-year, having first observed this rule - which it turned out that everyone had forgotten about.
in the spirit of 'challenge' - you have to announce your first ride before you do it, otherwise you are playing safe!

Other people have also joined in mid year.

If you start logging in Feb, no problem. But when it comes to December you won't have 2015 bragging rights, cos you won't have done the whole year.

But if you miss a month, I don't know whether you should drop out until the start of next year. Maybe so, otherwise this just becomes the "100k ride when I fancy it" log thread. Although that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I know the imperial thread is really strict about calendar years and stuff, but they are all super tuff and eat barbed wire for breakfast.

Fubar

Guru
Well I didn't ride in July due to illness and didn't log any more rides for the year because of this, even though I did 100km+ rides in the following months. Has to be Jan - Dec, otherwise what's the point?

That's always been my thinking (actually didn't realise there was any other option until today) but it's not my thread - I don't make the rules, I only ride here...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's always been my thinking (actually didn't realise there was any other option until today) but it's not my thread - I don't make the rules, I only ride here...

I don't think there are any rules for the Metric challenge set in stone...perhaps be a good idea for someone to set some parameters for the challenge.

Top Bottom