The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
'analytical' my approximate ratings are:
  • 15 <= m ascent per km <= 20 = 'hilly'
I have been working on a hilly 600km riding Wales end-to-end (and back). Not yet polished but here's the latest draft:
https://www.openrunner.com/r/11565527[Link edited - thank you @Sea of vapours )
Will have to wait a bit till Wales opens up before riding the route, probably 4 days @ 100 miles a day.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• SR600-Wales(E2E-Lisvane)_(copy)(1).gpx
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Definitely lumpy!!!

11,500m ascent, and 'only' 602km, so near enough 3,000m over 150km per day; or 2,000m per 100km. That's really lumpy and four contiguous days of it. Looks hard work!
Edit: P.S. Your top link is to a 600 around Cornwall and Devon.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Only problem with that, Colin, is that at 150km you'd be deep in the wilds of the upper Elan valleys so my plan was a longer first day to (in normal times) the YH in Borth (N of Aber' on the coast ~187k) and then a shorter second day up and around Snowdonia to the Swallow Falls YH (between Capel Curig and Betws-y 334k). Short Day 3: there's forest bunkhouse near Staylittle (443k) for Night 3 leaving a healthy 160km to finish off. We'll see.
Topographic-map

13 rider

Guru
July's done . I've been busy breaking all my road bikes ,TCR waiting part for hydraulic brakes ,Broken spoke on the Defys rear wheel ,freehub failure on spare wheel so the hybrid was taken off commuting duty for its only second 100km . My hybrid has front suspension and a rear rack so it's not really made for longer distance rides so it was a tough ride today but over the line for another month . Today was my last chance as next Sunday is my only remaining day to get a long ride in and that's reserved for an imperial ton

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1st metric century for me since march on sunday !
I will hopefully be looking to get one in most weekends again on club rides

Top Bottom