The Mickle Method - a thank you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baldycyclist

Über Member
I use baby wipes for the mickle method - just adds to the experience with the effect of having oh so soft hands once finished!

baldycyclist

Über Member
Oily rag - run in between sprockets to clean. Quick squirt of WD if really mucky. You too can have a cassette like this !

DSCF2695.jpg
foss you could have created a competition to see who has the cleanest bits!!!!!

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Salt and dogs should not be used for cleaning any part of a bicycle and I would hate people to make the mistake of thinking otherwise.

Due to the salt down on the roads at the mo I've been giving the bikes a full on soapy wash after every ride, thats about 8 washes in the last 12 days. Probably more than I've had....:smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hang on a minute, Mickle is a nice guy and all that, but he didn't 'create' the technique of wiping a chain. I've been doing that for almost 30 years and I bet lots of other people have been too!

I've been extolling the virtues of this technique to many, some prefer to remain ignorant and use all kinds of useless, messy chain cleaning contraptions. I don't know anyone that's started using the wipe with a rag technique (ok - 'the mickle method ;) ) who has gone back to their old ways.

Congrats to mickle for popularising it with a catchy name ;)
Indeed but there is no doubt the "The dodgy Method" might not have caught on in quite the same way ! :laugh:

Tom B

Guru
How do you guys clean your cassettes?

I actually took degreaser and rags too mine this afternoon mid disastrous service and now it's pretty clean again (though I think the bike is unrideable....)

I have recently taken to using a washing up brush and degreaser for my big cleans. The bristles are firm and long enough to reach the parts that other brushes cant't.

201311_Dish_washing_accessories.jpg

Top Bottom