The Millennium Falcon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-38031540

As in the report above the Millennium Falcon was built in Pembroke Dock, not a million miles from where I live now, before being transported to the film studio. What it doesn't tell you in the report is that the contract for moving it was with a firm from Newport called Wynns. My dad was their number 1 driver at the time and it was him that drove the lorry. So, a long time ago in a town not very far away it was my dad, not Han Solo or Lando Carlrissian that took the Millennium Falcon on it's maiden voyage :becool:

TVC

Yehbut, how long did it take him to do the Kessel run?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Don't want to p!ss in Mugshot's chips but... that one was built for The Empire Strikes Back in '79... so there must have been another built for Star Wars in '76/77. Cool story through... my dad drove a milk float :smile:

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Don't want to p!ss in Mugshot's chips but... that one was built for The Empire Strikes Back in '79... so there must have been another built for Star Wars in '76/77. Cool story through... my dad drove a milk float :smile:
There was, but this (so far as I'm aware) was the first complete mock up, for Star Wars they built bits of it. For Empire they built the whole thing complete with gizmos to make it "fly" :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
There's another full size mock up in Donegal. Whilst Stormtroopers have been seen frequenting a few of the bars in Tuangraney & Scarriff.

Does anyone else get the urge to whistle the imperial march whenever they see someone wearing one of those plastic casts?
One of the greatest movie scores ever. However I feel it's best recreated with dum dum duuuums rather than a jolly whistle.

Top Bottom