The Mini and MINI thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
New OHME charger fitted at home. It talks to the MINI app so the car will only charge between midnight and 0500hrs at 4p a kwh. On the MINI with its small battery that's enough to go from low to full. Kerchingaling.

Not so good is that the MG is, clearly, a different make and its a ballache to switch between makes and models in the OHME app, but other than that it's working well.

CXRAndy

Guru
Doesn't the MG have a schedule settings to predetermine charging times/period?

4p is blooming excellent, which provider is offering that?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
4p is blooming excellent, which provider is offering that?

British Gash. We're on the EV plan, but they knock a further 4p off that off peak, something to to with connecting our Nest thermostat to them - Mrs D arranged that so I'm not so au fait with the nuts and bolts.

I'm still getting to grips with the MG, not helped as it's nominally Mrs D's car so I've not tinkered much with the app yet. The MINI app talks directly to the OHME app, a fiddle to set up but simple once working.

The MG app doesn't talk directly to OHME, so I think you're probably right and we'll have to set the start and finish times in the MG app and leave the OHME unit flying dumb. MG will be due another charge tomorrow night so I can delve further. My relationship with technology is fraught at the best of times :laugh:

One nice thing about the MINI is the Haman Kardon sound system, a different planet to the stereo in my now departed Peugeot. System of a Down never sounded so good.

Top Bottom