The Missing Spectacles Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Been wearing my prescription sunglasses for a good few days.
Now what have I done with my regular glasses ?
Bugger.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Been wearing my prescription sunglasses for a good few days. Now what have I done with my regular glasses ?
Bugger.

Ask @Dave7 . They are probably with his passport.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
My wife went into a flap on holiday, couldn't find her D+G shades. Looked all over the room, left details with the staff in case they found them and checked at all the bars and restaurants we'd been in. Half way home on a coffee stop she finds them..........in her glasses case :angry:

Drago

Legendary Member
I only need binos for close work such as reading, VDU or working on the car, so if I misplace a pair I wont starve to death because I can't see.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
You can get various types of spectacles tracking devices that work with bluetooth or similar for this kind of Mission Impossible scenario.
But how will you operate your smartphone to find them if you don't have your glasses? :laugh:

byegad

Legendary Member
Lady Byegad has specs for reading, reading in bed, the TV and driving. The driving ones are in the car. As to the others.............. least said, soonest mended. She seems incapable of keeping track of any one of the other three pairs.

So much easier for me. My bedtime reading glasses stay next to the bed, my varifocal, transitions and eye-watering expensive glasses are in the case by my bed, when I'm asleep and on the rest of the time.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Anyone else find that varifocals and cycling don't mix? I have to revert to single vision on both bikes and motorbikes because I don't feel safe with the varifocals on two wheels though they are perfect for driving. I put it down to having to move the eyes up and down a lot more on a bike whereas in a car you are looking either straight ahead or side to side.

Or maybe it's just me?

Top Bottom