The Moral Maze (what would you do if...)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Take a photo of them, then go ask the parents if they are aware of it. From there on, it's their call what to do. Offer them the photo of the person if they want to report it to the police.

God forbid that there might be an innocent explanation or are we back in the realms of Brass Eye. Clearly these programmes are lost on people.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Macho armchair vigilantes - don't you just love 'em?

No i dont ,.......but i do love my kids, .......and as i said earlier ,if i was 100%SURE , then.... well you know the rest.

Probably best to curb any violent hothead tendencies, then, as such things frighten children.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
What if they go into paedo-hysteria and beat a possible birdwatcher to death?
Then I'd report them to the police :-)

In reality, it would all depend on the impression I got at the time, but I'm very unlikely to consider it a police matter. There's a ridiculous paranoia about photos of kids. In 50 years' time, we'll have very little decent UK street photography of kids to look back on. It is a specifically UK paranoia - I've taken photos of kids all over the world without the slightest issue, but would not take photos of unknown kids in the UK.

web-cam_3246.jpg

web-cam_3283.jpg

soweto-44.jpg

soweto-99.jpg

im not posturing at all , im simply stating that IF I WAS ....actually i have no need to explain to anyone why i would protect my kids.

young Ed

Veteran
Macho armchair vigilantes - don't you just love 'em?
not sure who you are directing this at if anyone in particular
but i would just like to clarify that i my self am not some big macho obsessed lad pumped with steroids nor am i an armchair macho wannabe but simply a lad who has dished out what needs dishing out in the past and i will do so in the future
Cheers Ed

swansonj

Guru
not sure who you are directing this at if anyone in particular
but i would just like to clarify that i my self am not some big macho obsessed lad pumped with steroids nor am i an armchair macho wannabe but simply a lad who has dished out what needs dishing out in the past and i will do so in the future
Cheers Ed
Just out of interest, were you sitting in an armchair when you typed that? The other two of @theclaud's three descriptors already seem met....

Top Bottom